How the hell did Microsoft overcome such a mountain of backlash with the X1?

#21bessy67Posted 12/11/2013 1:29:09 PM
AncientAstro posted...
leelee3105 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Its because 99% of consumers dont give 2 ****s about E3 or anything else like that. They probably dont even know. Half of the other 1% realized that what MS was wanting to do was actually a good thing for gaming. Then half of that last .5% were not grudge holding jerk faces, and forgave MS since they actually listened to the small fraction of loyal consumers they pissed off.

You need to talk to more people in real life if you truly believe that.

Sorry bro, but it is a fact. Us video game nerds dont control the future of gaming. It is too mainstream now, and our numbers are too few. FYI, I am in the military and I'm far from your stereotypical nerd, but I am a nerd none the less. I do have a gamefaqs account you know.

That may be true but YouTube and other popular news sites are mainstream where the backlash was heard by the millions.

Again though, not really. The only people who watch youtube "gaming personalities" are informed gamers, and most people going to mainstream news sites don't do so to see their gaming sections.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#22Viet0nePosted 12/11/2013 1:30:26 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
There will always be people who would have purchased the Xbox One no matter what. When you have already sold 80 million of a previous product, selling a new product to 10% of those people will be an easy task.

We can't conclude Microsoft overcame any backlash until the sales are compared later on. Strong launch isn't a measure of a success. It's longevity and considering that Xbox One consoles are still available on shelves in a lot of stores, that may be a sign that demand isn't as high.

For example, the last weekend. Best Buy announced new stock of PS4 and Xbox One. There were plenty of stories, video, and picture evidence on reddit that proved the PS4s were instantly sold out while Xbox One consoles were still available in many stores by the end of the day. Not only that, the PS4 stock was more than triple the availability of Xbox One stock on that day.

It's far too early to make any kind of determination. Even the dreamcast had a very successful launch at the time.

Ok, sure, I'll play along... Let's see the video evidence you're claiming.

If you can't find it on reddit yourself, I won't even bother.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#23leelee3105Posted 12/11/2013 1:31:10 PM
AncientAstro posted...
leelee3105 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Its because 99% of consumers dont give 2 ****s about E3 or anything else like that. They probably dont even know. Half of the other 1% realized that what MS was wanting to do was actually a good thing for gaming. Then half of that last .5% were not grudge holding jerk faces, and forgave MS since they actually listened to the small fraction of loyal consumers they pissed off.

You need to talk to more people in real life if you truly believe that.

Sorry bro, but it is a fact. Us video game nerds dont control the future of gaming. It is too mainstream now, and our numbers are too few. FYI, I am in the military and I'm far from your stereotypical nerd, but I am a nerd none the less. I do have a gamefaqs account you know.

That may be true but YouTube and other popular news sites are mainstream where the backlash was heard by the millions.

I appreciate you disagreeing with me like a civilized person unlike some toolbags whose names I will not mention!
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#24badmanneilPosted 12/11/2013 1:32:00 PM
Backlash? The only backlash came from the Sony Fanboys. They reversed all their polices and at the end of the day i have a better experience and more fun on the Xbox One.
#25cpcjlc3Posted 12/11/2013 1:32:15 PM
natevines posted...
I don't even think the vast majority of people who bought it were aware of this 'mountain', so not too many people were alienated.

It's really quite simple. This "mountain" was only a mountain to places like here and the majority of people places like this attract. The the rest of the general populace, this so called mountain was more like a mole hill. Most people only care about what they are buying now, not what the product was.

Look at it this way. A car manufacturer designs a car, then does safety testing. The car doesn't hold up well so they do some redesigns and the new product performs well. People dont say," well I was going to buy it but the first version sucked. They looked at the finished product and base their decision off of that."
#26Jiggy101011Posted 12/11/2013 1:33:26 PM
The gamefaqs community makes up a small portion of gamers. Most of us are aware of this.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#27rell84Posted 12/11/2013 1:33:43 PM
LOL poor lems impressed by this last gen Xbox had year head start 10 mill lead and $200 cheaper gets you a tie in sales or even passed lems favorite who sold more in the USA winning so ps4 is winning right now by Lems rules LOL
#28leelee3105Posted 12/11/2013 1:37:11 PM
rell84 posted...
LOL poor lems impressed by this last gen Xbox had year head start 10 mill lead and $200 cheaper gets you a tie in sales or even passed lems favorite who sold more in the USA winning so ps4 is winning right now by Lems rules LOL

I'm looking for the part of the Rosetta Stone that will translate this. Can someone help?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#29Exodus_PrimePosted 12/11/2013 1:37:19 PM
Anyone else remember that online petition that was started to bring back the original DRM plans? wasn't that started by Sony fanboys or something like that? don't remember properly but I could be wrong.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#30Reflex-ArcPosted 12/11/2013 1:41:08 PM
leelee3105 posted...
rell84 posted...

I'm looking for the part of the Rosetta Stone that will translate this. Can someone help?

"Helping" would require irreparable brain damage. Is that a step you're willing to take? Acknowledge and move on, brother. ;-)
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard