couple HiFi question

#1krystylaPosted 12/11/2013 1:05:33 PM
Currently I am running 4 speakers on 2 amps problem is I can't control the volume through the TV(Panasonic) and hence not through kinect so I'd either need a pre amp or more desirable an AVR.

Question is the setup TV < AVR < XBO < Satellite or TV < XBO < AVR < SAT?

The XBO can't do 5.1 right now and an AVR can't help that?

Are Yamaha AVRs (2013) compatible with the XBO?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#2BudWisenheimerPosted 12/11/2013 3:15:54 PM
My 2010 Yamaha is compatible with my Xbone. I have my DVR connected to the Xbone and the Xbone connected to Yamaha and the Yamaha connected to the TV. Now, hear the word of the Lord!

5.1 audio is working great from the DVR BTW. Just check the Beta in the Troubleshooting section of the TV/One Guide settings.
#3krystyla(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 3:18:38 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
My 2010 Yamaha is compatible with my Xbone. I have my DVR connected to the Xbone and the Xbone connected to Yamaha and the Yamaha connected to the TV. Now, hear the word of the Lord!

5.1 audio is working great from the DVR BTW. Just check the Beta in the Troubleshooting section of the TV/One Guide settings.

Great thanks I'll probably get the model from this or last year
---
#4BudWisenheimerPosted 12/11/2013 3:25:49 PM
My Yamaha also handshakes with my Panosonic TV (automatically powers off if I turn off my TV and TV volume also controls receiver volume) so I do NOT have my Xbone set to talk to/turn off my receiver. I found that confused the issue. By leaving the Yamaha out of the Xbone settings ... I can control everything as advertised. Keep that in mind if you go with a similar setup.
#5krystyla(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 3:34:43 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
My Yamaha also handshakes with my Panosonic TV (automatically powers off if I turn off my TV and TV volume also controls receiver volume) so I do NOT have my Xbone set to talk to/turn off my receiver. I found that confused the issue. By leaving the Yamaha out of the Xbone settings ... I can control everything as advertised. Keep that in mind if you go with a similar setup.

I'll handle the powering through a master slave socket leaving the xbone as master and everything else as slave
---