Elder Scrolls Online Pricing model disappoints me:(

#21Gojak_v3Posted 12/11/2013 2:39:56 PM
ztype85 posted...
It's not like monthly fees for MMOs have been around since 1999 or anything.

It's not like charging a monthly fee for MMOs has been bad business practice for a couple of years now (except wow). Seriously, you're just asking for your game to fail in this day if you go with the subscription model.
---
It just doesn't look right if nothing is here.
#22AlexPumaPosted 12/11/2013 2:44:00 PM
ztype85 posted...
It's not like monthly fees for MMOs have been around since 1999 or anything.

That's why there are so many MMOs still around and none of them really had any trouble keeping their fanbase and didn't have to either go Free-to-Play or shut down entirely... oh wait...
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#23MotionMan25Posted 12/11/2013 2:45:46 PM
well no one knows what the post launch content will be but compred to WoW ( I use this because they are one of the only MMO's to succesfully use the $/mth model) the content added/support and balance added in patches is much more then the 5 maps or whatever that is added to a COD map pack but are added more frequently and the expansion packs have the same (or more in most cases) amount of content as a new cod release does but cost less.
---
GT: Motion Man. - Clan: DAMO - Damoclean Standard
#24krystylaPosted 12/11/2013 2:52:07 PM
MotionMan25 posted...
well no one knows what the post launch content will be but compred to WoW ( I use this because they are one of the only MMO's to succesfully use the $/mth model) the content added/support and balance added in patches is much more then the 5 maps or whatever that is added to a COD map pack but are added more frequently and the expansion packs have the same (or more in most cases) amount of content as a new cod release does but cost less.

What balance was WoW ever balanced pretty much every patch a new class gets OP, for instance Cato MM Hunter before played until 4.3 and I was still keyboard turning but still got top dos during Forehands in MoP on the other hand MM was pretty much broken. 1H DW on Warrior was also way stronger than 2H DW,...
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#25MotionMan25Posted 12/11/2013 3:00:00 PM
well you are going off topic but, they made efforts to help balance the game. the fact that they actively tried to improve the game is results of the sub fee. Unless you play at a high level you can get buy with whatever class/role you want as long as the gear is similar.

Im not a WoW pro but I never played whatever the highest DPS was on noxxic or icyveins etc but I always had fun and always got buy.

point is the $/mth pays for them to continuously give their best effort to make improvements to they game as long as you play it, weather the effot they give merrits the price tag is up to the developer sometimes it works (WoW) sometimes it doesnt (SWTOR). but you cant make that call untill you play it and see it, or at the VERY LEAST allow other people to play the final product and discuss thier findings.
---
GT: Motion Man. - Clan: DAMO - Damoclean Standard