Why does it seem all trailers are live action?

#1bgwilly255Posted 12/11/2013 3:40:53 PM
What happened to actually showing gameplay footage in advertisements instead of live action BS?
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#2SkeddyConwayPosted 12/11/2013 3:49:26 PM
When have they ever shown actual gameplay footage? It seems no one is confident enough to do that, its only ever cut scenes...
---
...like hearding cats, if the cats stopped every so often to call you gay.
GT/PSN/GC: Skedd
#3bgwilly255(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 5:49:20 PM
SkeddyConway posted...
When have they ever shown actual gameplay footage? It seems no one is confident enough to do that, its only ever cut scenes...

I think even cutscenes would be better than live action. Just my opinion of course.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#4AzaneAzerPosted 12/11/2013 5:50:32 PM
because the people buying games from advertisements are the idiots who fall for it.
#5Lerp85Posted 12/11/2013 5:51:39 PM
Um, only game I know that uses live action is COD. What other games are using live action? Don't see many ads for games but still.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6userfrigginamePosted 12/11/2013 5:57:09 PM
Seriously. But, I'd actually like to see a mix of CG and gameplay footage.
#7userfrigginamePosted 12/11/2013 5:58:33 PM
Lerp85 posted...
Um, only game I know that uses live action is COD. What other games are using live action? Don't see many ads for games but still.

Killzone and Ryse at least.
#8Lerp85Posted 12/11/2013 6:01:32 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Lerp85 posted...

Killzone and Ryse at least.

Ok, so three only. And those are not the only advertisements for the games either, so whats the big deal TC?
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#91GATORFANPosted 12/11/2013 6:10:04 PM
I like COD a lot but there Ghost commercials were horrible. It was a bunch of fat kids running around shooting pretend crap. I mean if it didn't say the name "COD GHOST" at the end most of people would have been like wtf is this...
#10Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/11/2013 8:07:54 PM
As far back as I can remember, game adverts would rarely ever show actual gameplay footage. I'm talking Atari, Intellivision, NES, etc.

Whatever images they did show were quick cut edits interspliced with live action or non-gameplay animation. And I don't think this practice changed much in recent generations.
---
Did they make you wear a dress did they? Held you down and tickled you did they?
Did they laugh and make you watch did they? They wish they had a little girly!