The Resume games quickly...

#1Dev445Posted 12/11/2013 4:36:18 PM
Beta in the Power and startup options is pretty cool. I paused DR3 earlier and turned off my xbox and when I just got back in just now and turned it on, its right back exactly where I Left it at. It didn't have to load the game or anything.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2godslayer61Posted 12/11/2013 6:21:19 PM
yup I hope they get it fully working
---
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975----------http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#3squarex8264Posted 12/11/2013 7:21:13 PM
Yeah, just noticed it working for Ryse last night. I left the game in the middle of a level, and it picked up exactly where I was in between checkpoints. Really amazing, and one of my favorite features if they get this working with all games going forward.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4GambitbuzzkillPosted 12/11/2013 8:17:56 PM
Dev445 posted...
Beta in the Power and startup options is pretty cool. I paused DR3 earlier and turned off my xbox and when I just got back in just now and turned it on, its right back exactly where I Left it at. It didn't have to load the game or anything.

No you can just pick up where you left off.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#5aszsithPosted 12/11/2013 11:26:17 PM
I've noticed its a little glitchy sometimes though (hence the BETA tag). There have been a few times now that I have been playing AC IV and then either used several other apps (not games, things like Upload, Upload Studio, and NFL) or simply put the console into standby and when I came back to the game, it had to reload.

And then there was the time when not only did it have to reload the game (still AC IV) but it reset all of my game HUD settings as well. My game progress and all was fine, but the options had all reset.

All in all, cool feature when it works.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#6Lerp85Posted 12/11/2013 11:39:03 PM
aszsith posted...
And then there was the time when not only did it have to reload the game (still AC IV) but it reset all of my game HUD settings as well. My game progress and all was fine, but the options had all reset.

This seems to be a problem with the game itself, not this feature. Had this happening to me with the feature off.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#7DamnEvilDogPosted 12/11/2013 11:44:11 PM
Love this feature so much!

Get sleepy? "Xbox turn off* wake up after some nights rest "Xbox on" and start right where you ended, best thing ever! :D
#8WartPig_Posted 12/12/2013 12:08:17 AM
vita has been able to do what the X1 wants to do for years now.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#9aszsithPosted 12/12/2013 12:12:00 AM
Lerp85 posted...
aszsith posted...

This seems to be a problem with the game itself, not this feature. Had this happening to me with the feature off.

Ah, I wondered if it was the game or the beta feature. I wasn't exactly jumping at the chance to try and replicate the issue to test it.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#10squarex8264Posted 12/12/2013 12:26:36 AM
WartPig_ posted...
vita has been able to do what the X1 wants to do for years now.

Yeah, DS games too. Doesn't make it any less exciting that console games are starting to get the suspend feature right. It'll be great to play a game and stop at any point without worrying about needing to find a save point if you need to leave the game suddenly, or it's getting late.

I really hate games that have stingy save systems for that reason. But having a universal suspend functionality is amazing. This will probably end up being my favorite next-gen feature of the consoles.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade