[Serious] So gentleman, What are your feelings after buying an Xbox One?

#31icewolf74Posted 12/11/2013 7:06:22 PM(edited)
Apparently in this thread people are confusing the Xbox One with the PS4 by telling TC to wait a year before buying his new console due to it not having games. Last I checked, the Xbox One had all of the games and the PS4...well, there is always Killzone. -_-"

Anyways, I have mine and I am enjoying it quite a bit. I've already played through CoD: Ghosts on normal, now I am trying to play it through Veteran. Between switching back-and-forth between Ghosts, Forza 5, Ryse, Assassin's Creed IV, Need for Speed: Rivals, Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon. The Xbox One is a very awesome console and well worth buying at launch, IMHO.
#32leelee3105Posted 12/11/2013 7:07:39 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
cheezedadada posted...
skermac posted...
The only bad thing about it is the Kinect always spies on you even when the system is off.

This is true, TC. Even when you unplug the Kinect, they are able to spy on you using NSA-granted superpowers.

Major Nelson said they force bundled Kinect because without it you weren't getting the whole experience and it was sorta pointless.

Yeah? well Nelson Mandela said it killed him! but no seriously. Just make sure if you buy the xbox you get enough tin foil to make everyone in your house a hat.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#33skermacPosted 12/11/2013 7:07:45 PM
cheezedadada posted...
skermac posted...
The only bad thing about it is the Kinect always spies on you even when the system is off.

This is true, TC. Even when you unplug the Kinect, they are able to spy on you using NSA-granted superpowers.

It all goes on the cloud so govt agencies can share it.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#34DisgaeaNutPosted 12/11/2013 7:08:53 PM
icewolf74 posted...
Apparently in this thread people are confusing the Xbox One with the PS4 by telling TC to wait a year before buying his new console due to it not having games. Last I checked, the Xbox One had all of the games and the PS4...well, there is always Killzone. -_-"

Anyways, I have mine and I am enjoying it quite a bit. I've already played through CoD: Ghosts on normal, now I am trying to play it through Veteran. Between switching back-and-forth between Ghosts, Forza 5, Ryse, Assassin's Creed IV, Need for Speed: Rivals, Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon. The Xbox One is a very awesome console and well worth buying at launch, IMHO.

Half the games listed are multiplatform available on PS4 and reviewed higher on PS4. In fact the entire sum of launch games are reviewed better on PS4. You win mass credibility points though praising Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct while bashing Killzone.
#35R1KM4NPosted 12/11/2013 7:31:16 PM
In my opinion, I'm glad I bought it. I was happy the afternoon I bought it, but started having second thoughts later that evening. Loved unboxing it and setting it up. Was fine getting everything up and running, but upon a rather lengthy installation of Battlefield 4 (where is was at 0% for well over an hour and a half) I started to have my doubts.

However following a successful installation and subsequent four days of gaming between BF4, FIFA 14 and Killer Instinct, I feel I made a good decision. I was very hesitant prior to buying. Don't get me wrong, I still think there are some major problems with the console, but I think the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Pros
- Game DVR/Upload Center. Incredible. I was interested in this prior to buying, but this for me is a console seller. I'd like to see it developed and expanded upon throughout the lifespan of XB1, but I find it amazing right now.

- Kinect 2. I bought the original Kinect on day 1. Very underwhelming experience and did not live up to my expectations. I am really not a fan of motion based games, but I was very curious about the voice input. Kinect 2 has come on leaps and bounds, and I find using my voice to be a welcome addition. I'm looking forward to seeing this feature used more in games.

- Graphics. Not a huge deal for some. The graphics look next gen IMO. I have been really impressed so far.

Cons
- Terrible user interface. The whole pin system is terrible. I don't know what Microsoft were thinking when they went from the simplicity of the 360 to this terrible layout on the One. Not only is it a pain to find things, but there are several key elements missing. I remember reading about people complaining about not having access to the hard drive information and thinking it wasn't that big a deal. Now I own a console, I can see that it is a massive problem. It annoys me that I have no idea where my game saves are located. This is something I hope will be patched in the future. We have gone through various menu layouts on the 360, so it's only a matter of time before this one is changed.

- No USB compatibility. Again, I understand the system is a new and this will be patched in down the road, but considering I could play music and movies via a USB drive on 360, and I am now unable to on One is a big pain. No excuse why this has been left out.

- Micro-transactions. Not really the console, more so the games, but I am hoping this is something that will be going away soon. It really feels like everything on the system is trying to get money from me. I'm all for grinding out games, but to make things near impossible without paying for add ons, or just charging for additional items that don't feature as a stand alone DLC pack is criminal. I'm all for these season passes. I'm all for separate DLC packs that add new achievements, levels and game modes, but when we are talking about paying for an additional 5 cars that are already built into the game, or skins or things that are purely cosmetic, that is where I draw the line. I sense this being a major part of the future of this generation sadly.

- Battery life. I have played for maybe over 24 hours over the past 4 days. Batteries are dead already. I don't recall my 360 controllers dying this soon.

Overall I'm happy I bought one. Especially now people keep telling how rare they seem to be. I had no idea. I thought they were readily available everywhere. It's down to you, only you can determine whether it will be a worthwhile investment. Of course, new games and price drops will come, as will a slimmer console. Question you need to ask is do you want to wait or even bother?

Sorry for the essay, couldn't help sharing my opinions finally about the console.
---
Gamertag - R1KM4N
I lol'd
#36Shiro-RedWind-Posted 12/11/2013 7:34:15 PM(edited)
I just got mine on Monday TC, and now have perfected my unholy trinity (PS4, WiiU, Xbox One). Beyond that, I will give you a short and sweet opinion.

I do not have much of an increased opinion of the Xbox One as I generally had from the start. I love my PS4 more than my Xbox One, however, I enjoy playing Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct as I am a fighting game fanatic and I love the DR series. Most of the Multiplatforms I have (AC4, BF4, etc) I already have on PS3 and PS4 (because of the upgrade) and they run smooth, like a dream almost on that console. I will undoubtedly only have the exclusives of the Xbox One for my console, and the Multiplatform and Exclusives for my PS4 with Exclusives for my WiiU. Specifically speaking, my PS4 will have more of my time by default - But.

For what it is worth I do love my X1. Not as big as everyone kept saying it would be, I was actually pretty surprised when I took it out of the box. It looks to me, no bigger than the PS4, maybe wider but not much bigger. The power brick being huge was an over exaggeration like no other. It looks chunkier but not bigger. I remember my 360 brick was like a long log sitting on the floor compared to this on. I'm not digging the controller too much, and the bumpers do not click near the inside but on the outside, I guess that is good in some regards but not others to me? I like the DS4 better. But I do like the UI. I do have gripes with it mainly due to it being Windows 8 pretty much. But since I've gotten used to Win8 on both of my gaming computers I can see the appeal in it on the Xbox One.

Over all TC, I like it. Not as much as some die hards do, and not as much as I like my PS4, but I like it. I also left the Kinect in the box, but some day I may take it out and see what it's all about. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the battery life debate. IDK about other people, but my DS4 does not run out of juice in under 8 hours. And rarely if ever do I feel the need to charge it, it is just always ready to go. The batteries for the Xbox One controller by default feel like a step back to me than a step forward. I do not feel I should have to buy a charge kit just to get the experience, but I may invest in rechargeable batteries. I have a charger here somewhere.

I say it comes down to the games. I am set on my PS4 with Warframe (Phenomenal game), AC4, BF4, soon Killzone, and more. Loving DR3 and KI, and those two justified my acquisition of an X1. But for you it may be different. Pick it up if it has games you like, if not, wait a little bit for a price drop or to see what this new SKU model will be all about soon.
---
"Gamefaqs doesn't allow Common Sense." - Tifanity
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han
#37Homie_202Posted 12/11/2013 7:35:26 PM
It's a cool console and I know I will eventually get a lot of play time out of it but ATM it's ok. I barely play it though. I find myself playing my ps4 FAR more and my vita and 3ds even. The only game I own for it is dead rising which is ok but the devs lied ALOT about the game so I feel like its hard to enjoy.
#38Shaolin015Posted 12/11/2013 8:16:03 PM
It's right now only a call of duty machine
#39DojoMaxPosted 12/11/2013 8:26:04 PM
Homie_202 posted...
It's a cool console and I know I will eventually get a lot of play time out of it but ATM it's ok. I barely play it though. I find myself playing my ps4 FAR more and my vita and 3ds even. The only game I own for it is dead rising which is ok but the devs lied ALOT about the game so I feel like its hard to enjoy.

So you play another system more than the one you have one game for?
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#40Bs-KILLPosted 12/12/2013 12:14:22 AM
No regrets when I bought it. I thought I might regret it but no..
Im having fun with it.

I was originally purchasing a PS4 but all of its launch titles, the only game I was interested in is Killzone SF and I dont even care on its upcoming exclusives (Infamous, The order.. etc)
and most of the multi-plat games are available on the X-Ones anyway.

(I found a Day One Edition and decided that I'll pick the thing up since those X-Ones/packaging are limited. )

One of the reasons I purchase it early is I want to play Killer Instinct in a "very active" state. The Online community for the game is so active and I dont wanna be late for the party..

Same goes with Titan Fall.. I want to play it in a time where the community is "very active".

I was also interested on some of its exclusive launch titles.
DR3, Ryse, Forza(Im might pick all of these games tomorrow afternoon.)
---
GT(360 and One): BasuraKILLER
PSN(Vita Only): BasuraKILLER