Even with a 7/10 Edge says GT6 spanks Forza 5 all over the Asphalt

#21ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/11/2013 8:56:18 PM
NinjaGuerra posted...
How can a game like GT6 that claims to be a simulation racer release with such terrible engine sounds, and tons of cars lacking interior modeling, and people are okay with that?

Forza 5 has every car fully modeled with much more faithful engine sounds.

Quality over quantity obviously.

If you want a bunch of terrible cars and fake tracks with cartoon like car audio and last gen graphics then I guess GT6 is your game xD

Not to mention I play with all assists off, making the impulse triggers provide a one of a kind experience.

I doubt many of you have even played both games.

Don't get me started on Project Cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXjr9QXM44

lol, with that logic, you need to drop the xbone and get a ps4. games look better on ps4. And yeah, we're comparing a last gen game to a current gen game; for whatever reason, GT6 is pwning forza 5 in every way.

GT6 is da best
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#22the_real_onePosted 12/11/2013 8:57:16 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
Are people itt literally saying graphics > gameplay/graphics are the only thing that matters?

Literally cancer to the industry.

I completely agree with you. Let us go and play NES games again, man who cares about graphics!
---
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM
#23Hucast9Posted 12/11/2013 8:58:36 PM
skermac posted...
Project Gotham Racing spanked GT6 and Forza 5 and its old!

Agreed. Project Gotham Racing 4 is my favorite racer of all time. It's so good that I would recommend it even if someone isn't particularly into racers. The game is just plain fun with its career mode, and the music tracks were great.
#24monkeyluv101Posted 12/11/2013 9:02:46 PM
Hucast9 posted...
skermac posted...
Project Gotham Racing spanked GT6 and Forza 5 and its old!

Agreed. Project Gotham Racing 4 is my favorite racer of all time. It's so good that I would recommend it even if someone isn't particularly into racers. The game is just plain fun with its career mode, and the music tracks were great.

PGR was the s*** no doubt, I'd rather have that series keep on going than GT or Forza. Gt has become such a boring chore, used to love those games 1-4 were great, 5 and 6 are garbage, switched over to Forza after GT 5, Forza is so much better but feel that Forza 5 is kind of an incomplete package so nothing to really brag about there.

I think in the future two games to look out for are Project Cars and Driveclub, those might take over, who knows.
#25CourtofOwlsPosted 12/11/2013 9:52:48 PM
yah well project cars slaps them both with the pimp hand
#pcmasterrace
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#26ChargrilledPosted 12/11/2013 10:20:10 PM
not in the audio department it doesn't

jaguar xj220 on the amiga sounds better than gt6
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#27SorbetowulfPosted 12/11/2013 10:20:13 PM
While I'm loathe to feed the trolls, I see that you wildly misquoted the article in your title, as nowhere in that article does Edge say GT6 spanks Forza 5 all over the ashphalt. I see there, you're correct, they say that GT6 is clearly a better driving simulation. Forza's big claim to fame, in their own words, is that they aren't really trying to be a hardcore simulation, they're trying to be a driving experience. As in passion, excitement, and love of driving vehicles we aren't likely to in the real world.

But, for the sake of argument. I see you've bolded three points in the article that oh so clearly point to GT6's absolutely crushing of Forza. Here's some other solid pieces of evidence that support just how far ahead of the pack GT6 is. From the same article. Also bolded.

Booting up Gran Turismo 6 for the first time is an uncomfortable experience. After the painfully slow day-one update download and melodramatic intro sequence, youíre immediately forced to spend 17,000 credits on a Japanese hatchback that you almost certainly donít want and then thrust onto a track that, in the wake of Forza 5, looks decidedly underwhelming. But then you reach the first corner and Polyphonyís reworked suspension physics reveals itself. So yup. It's a good simulator. That looks decidedly underwhelming. Compared to Forza. Way to highlight the half that supported your argument while unbolding the opposite.

If only your opponents exhibited such enthusiasm. GT6ís AI drivers suffer from the seriesí perennial lack of personality, looping the circuits in a predictable line and functioning more like mobile chicanes than competition. [EDIT: While not expressly pointed out here, in their Forza articles, reviewers have expressed interest in the Driveatar system in SP as a potential work-around to boring AI. So the inference can definitely be made, but we won't call this a direct comparison for the purposes of tit for tat].

Balancing concerns aside, itís cheering to see that the online mode maintains the singleplayer gameís 60fps and native 1080p resolution. While itís tough not to be disappointed by GT6ís graphics when compared to Forzaís blistering visuals, Polyphony has squeezed remarkable performance from PS3

There are other missteps, too, such as the absence of any option to go straight to the next event (outside of championships) from the race screen. Even the Goodwood events, which take place on the same course, require you to return to a menu to select the next challenge. For all GT6ís improvements, Polyphony remains out of touch with many genre innovations. Like fully realized cars, sticking microphones in more than one place on a car to get the whole engine sound, adaptive AI (or Driveatars), etc.

GT6 finds itself in an awkward middle ground, both of generation and genre.

And then it gets exactly the same score. All over the asphalt indeed. Sounds like they're pretty much in the same ballpark, playing the same sport, and it's coin flip as to which you prefer. Simulation? GT6. More casual racing experience with excellent visuals and the passion of the Top Gear team? Forza.

Troll On is the Troll Song.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#28flamesaber111Posted 12/11/2013 10:28:38 PM
the_real_one posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
Are people itt literally saying graphics > gameplay/graphics are the only thing that matters?

Literally cancer to the industry.

I completely agree with you. Let us go and play NES games again, man who cares about graphics!

I feel like you're being sarcastic, and if you are, why? He's right. There's nothing wrong with wanting good graphics, but they are waaaaaay behind gameplay on the list of important aspects of gaming.

If you were being serious however, please disregard this post.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 3609-1106-5751
#29leelee3105Posted 12/11/2013 10:41:13 PM
reported as off topic
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#30NinjaGuerraPosted 12/11/2013 11:18:51 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
NinjaGuerra posted...
How can a game like GT6 that claims to be a simulation racer release with such terrible engine sounds, and tons of cars lacking interior modeling, and people are okay with that?

Forza 5 has every car fully modeled with much more faithful engine sounds.

Quality over quantity obviously.

If you want a bunch of terrible cars and fake tracks with cartoon like car audio and last gen graphics then I guess GT6 is your game xD

Not to mention I play with all assists off, making the impulse triggers provide a one of a kind experience.

I doubt many of you have even played both games.

Don't get me started on Project Cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXjr9QXM44

lol, with that logic, you need to drop the xbone and get a ps4. games look better on ps4. And yeah, we're comparing a last gen game to a current gen game; for whatever reason, GT6 is pwning forza 5 in every way.

GT6 is da best

What games? They have Forza 5, DR3, and Killer Instinct for PS4... Dang I didn't know I should've got a PS4
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/Steam: NinjaGuerra