Why do people spend more time with console wars than playing games?

#1skermacPosted 12/11/2013 8:14:34 PM
And what does it take to win a console war? Sales? Exclusives? I ask because a lot of people on here seem preoccupied with which console is winning. But winning what? The consoles wars you say. I'm confused.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2TheImBackItachiPosted 12/11/2013 8:44:22 PM
Takes 70-85% of the general population on one side. At that point, good things about the other system are ignored and the general people say stuff like "Lol, that thing sucks." Take Obama for example.
---
Not Yomonachi
#3unclekoolaid73Posted 12/11/2013 8:45:05 PM
Because nerds.
#4GeistPosted 12/11/2013 8:46:45 PM
Cause a lot of people here are either at school or at work.
---
I dislike Nintendo.
#5Mistere ManPosted 12/11/2013 8:49:52 PM
Maybe because there is not many good games to play right now to take their minds off it?
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#6ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/11/2013 8:50:55 PM
it's more like trolls vs fanboys. Specifically, xbone fanboys.

Sony fanboys are content. Their console is number 1 and everything is going great for them, which is why the ps4 forums are calm.

Then you have the xbone board. Trolls mission is to bring tears to the eyes of fanboys. MS gave these trolls a truck load of ammo to use against xbone fanboys. In the end, the trolls always win. They get a good chuckle out of upsetting fanboys, and the fanboys feel the need to be present and defend xbone. one side does it for the lulz, the other finds it a necessity. You get the difference.

it's kinda sad when you realize it. That's why you ignore trolls. It's such a simple concept, yet every troll thread I visit, dozens of xboners acknowledge said troll and bump the thread. definitely a face palm moment.

I speak from experience ;)
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#7monkeyluv101Posted 12/11/2013 8:52:24 PM
The only ones that win or lose are Sony, MS and Nintendo all of which win when making any kind of profit and really not giving two s**** how many units the competition sells. They lose when they underperform just like any business. Fanboys win literally nothing unless they are stockholders, stupid sad fanboy of the year award is what the majority will win....
#8cheezedadadaPosted 12/11/2013 8:52:57 PM
I work in IT and my job basically has me in front of a computer screen all day.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#9Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/11/2013 9:23:19 PM
I liken myself to the ignorant civilians who would picnic near a Civil War battle.

I can enjoy an epic horror show from the safety of distance and indifference, yet I shouldn't be surprised with the ensuing collateral damage, and how it might affect me as a gamer.

A brother kills his brother... But an entire nation mourns.
---
Did they make you wear a dress did they? Held you down and tickled you did they?
Did they laugh and make you watch did they? They wish they had a little girly!
#101nternationa7Posted 12/11/2013 9:27:04 PM
cheezedadada posted...
I work in IT and my job basically has me in front of a computer screen all day.

I'm in the same boat as you. Watching logs all day gives me time to post on these forums :3
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947