Why do people spend more time with console wars than playing games?

#11thedeerzordPosted 12/11/2013 8:28:29 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
I liken myself to the ignorant civilians who would picnic near a Civil War battle.

I can enjoy an epic horror show from the safety of distance and indifference, yet I shouldn't be surprised with the ensuing collateral damage, and how it might affect me as a gamer.

A brother kills his brother... But an entire nation mourns.

So Microsoft gets kicked out of the Video Gaming console race and we'll sort of feel a type of sympathy for them...

I guess we'll do that because of human nature. I watched a video of the Soviet Union flag lowering for the last time and I couldn't help but feel a sort of sympathy for the former country.
#12sworderPosted 12/11/2013 8:33:17 PM
some of us don't have consoles yet ;_;
#13HeracylostPosted 12/11/2013 8:59:32 PM
I'll confess I'm at work, entertaining to watch you people get all grumpy pants.
#14xHuckleberryPosted 12/11/2013 9:02:26 PM
cheezedadada posted...
I work in IT and my job basically has me in front of a computer screen all day.

This. I actually can play games 50% of the time. F2P browser based mmo's ftw.
#15BobberdongPosted 12/11/2013 9:03:57 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
it's more like trolls vs fanboys. Specifically, xbone fanboys.

Sony fanboys are content. Their console is number 1 and everything is going great for them, which is why the ps4 forums are calm.

Then you have the xbone board. Trolls mission is to bring tears to the eyes of fanboys. MS gave these trolls a truck load of ammo to use against xbone fanboys. In the end, the trolls always win. They get a good chuckle out of upsetting fanboys, and the fanboys feel the need to be present and defend xbone. one side does it for the lulz, the other finds it a necessity. You get the difference.

it's kinda sad when you realize it. That's why you ignore trolls. It's such a simple concept, yet every troll thread I visit, dozens of xboners acknowledge said troll and bump the thread. definitely a face palm moment.

I speak from experience ;)

It's also sad when people revert to calling Xbox owners "xboners".
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#16MDS-02_GEISTPosted 12/11/2013 9:06:45 PM
The same reason I activated the Death Force.

The joy of internet word battle with real feelings on the line is just as fun as video games.
#17MDS-02_GEISTPosted 12/11/2013 9:09:07 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
it's more like trolls vs fanboys. Specifically, xbone fanboys.

Sony fanboys are content. Their console is number 1 and everything is going great for them, which is why the ps4 forums are calm.

*was

2.1 mil in 30 Countries VS 2 mil in 13 Countries = Xbox is number 1. Almost even sales in half of the places.

Sorry Brony.
#18OpheliaAdenadePosted 12/11/2013 9:09:37 PM
I just like to hang out here to see all the desperation, reassurance, and delusional. :v It amuses me. It is like a soap opera.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#19RebelGameMasterPosted 12/11/2013 9:12:06 PM
cheezedadada posted...
I work in IT and my job basically has me in front of a computer screen all day.

That is no excuse. I'm sure I can find 100 other things you can be doing than surfing this board at work.

With the economy the way it is your employer chose to hire you and you repay him like this? Get off these boards and make yourself indispensable to your employer lest you want to be on the unemployment line.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#20aheroafakePosted 12/11/2013 11:56:48 PM
People can do both. It's called, "multitasking."
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |