If Microsoft was the sole gaming console maker, would that bother you?

#1Full ThrottlePosted 12/11/2013 9:13:42 PM
If Microsoft was the only sole gaming console maker left, would that bother you? - Results (197 votes)
Yes. Competition is good and that be bad if they were the only ones left
61.93% (122 votes)
No. One gaming console saves money for me and i have no problem with Microsoft being the sole console maker
8.63% (17 votes)
I'd rather they just drop out cause they suck
29.44% (58 votes)
This poll is now closed.
let's see what people think.

microsoft has a lot of money and they could lose a ton of money and still stay on if they wanted to win no matter how long it took them..just look at the PC vs Apple wars.
---
PSN: mrduckbear
Call me mrduckbear, not Full Throttle, or i'm gonna...well you don't wanna know, sweater monkies.
#2thedeerzordPosted 12/11/2013 9:15:48 PM
I think Microsoft should drop out, but that doesn't mean they suck in my opinion.
#3flamesaber111Posted 12/11/2013 9:19:05 PM
It would very much bother me, but not because I think Microsoft sucks or because competition is good. It would bother me because I love Sony and Nintendo exclusives, and it would suck hellaciously for them to stop making consoles.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 3609-1106-5751
#4sworderPosted 12/11/2013 9:25:47 PM
If MS was the sole console maker, we'd get s*** like the initial Xbone. MS cares less about gamers than Nintendo and Sony do.

I would rather buy an Xbone over a Wii U as things are at the moment, but I would prefer Nintendo be sole console maker than Microsoft.
#5Dannyson97Posted 12/11/2013 9:28:38 PM
Nah, takes some of the enjoyment if there being multiple consoles.
I'd probably just begin collecting older consoles and games.
---
"I will be damned if I can't get drunk with out passing out drowning in my pizza!" -John Stewart
#6NightMareBunnyPosted 12/14/2013 2:54:25 AM
sworder posted...
If MS was the sole console maker, we'd get s*** like the initial Xbone. MS cares less about gamers than Nintendo and Sony do.

I would rather buy an Xbone over a Wii U as things are at the moment, but I would prefer Nintendo be sole console maker than Microsoft.

So True.....Microsoft only got into the gaming business because they saw the money being made by Sony And Nintendo

they wanted a piece of that pie and wanted to prove that they could use the software skills they had available to make an excellent gaming console

they didn't think much about the games they just wanted in that race
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#7TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/14/2013 3:03:24 AM
If Sony or MS were the only console maker left, it would be bad news. I think Nintendo cares enough about its franchises to be a little more trustworthy, but that's only applicable if you like their games in the first place. Either way, competition is always the best.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#8TenzhiPosted 12/14/2013 4:55:14 AM
I would rather gaming became standardized and exclusives became a thing of the past, regardless of who is making consoles.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#9schmarkenheimerPosted 12/14/2013 6:25:26 AM
Yes, just like if any others were the only manufacturers.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#10NinjaDeath911Posted 12/14/2013 6:28:02 AM
You know how bad M$ would screw us and Nick n Dime us if Sony and Nintendo were not around? I like M$, I like that they spend billions just to win pointless console wars, but they're suits.... More so than the other 2