Is there no way to tell when your controller's battery is going to die?

#1aheroafakePosted 12/11/2013 11:14:13 PM
Or is the only indication when your controller actually dies and shuts off right after you turn it on?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |
#2Brummie_lad123Posted 12/11/2013 11:21:31 PM
The vibration stopped on my controller, changed the batteries and it worked again so I presume that's the indication.
---
XBL Gamertag = DarkLPmaster4
#3aszsithPosted 12/11/2013 11:29:41 PM
So far the only indicator is the loss of vibration as has been mentioned. I can only imagine this is one of the first non-critical items that will be patched after they get the critical system working kinks handled.

For the life of me I can't figure out why there is no meter to begin with though. Perhaps everyone doing the programming for the OS thought that someone else was handling that, and then collectively went "Oops. Guess Bob wasn't working on that after all...."
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#4aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 11:35:32 PM
Yeah, I really don't understand why there isn't a visual indication like the Xbox 360 had. Why they didn't include a battery meter is beyond me, bravo Microsoft. But this is coming from the same company that thought everyone wouldn't mind having to connect to the internet every 24 hours to even be able to play games, thought getting rid of used games was a good idea, etc. Let's not get into that though.

I just think this is rather annoying. Sometimes I'm too into a game I'm playing to even notice that the controller has stopped vibrating. But whatever. Thanks for the answers guys.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |
#5Charity_DiaryPosted 12/12/2013 8:19:36 AM
Add that to the list of things that were present in last-Gen that they removed, for no reason, from this Gen, but they are promising to "add in a later update."

I've always been an Xbox fan, but god are they oblivious to what their customers want.
#6vidalmorazaPosted 12/12/2013 9:36:23 AM
Charity_Diary posted...
Add that to the list of things that were present in last-Gen that they removed, for no reason, from this Gen, but they are promising to "add in a later update."

I've always been an Xbox fan, but god are they oblivious to what their customers want.

Both consoles has some weird options in basic stuff, from no update setting on the Xbox One (along with the battery indicator) to the no way to pause downloads in the PS4

Things that seem so basic
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#7Special-EddPosted 12/12/2013 9:40:18 AM
It is a nuisance but something that will be addressed in an update I am sure. Seems kind of silly to overlook something this basic but it is more of an annoyance than anything else.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 12/12/2013 9:41:41 AM
i suspect that at the end of this gen, very few people will remember we couldn't see the battery life or hdd space at launch.
#9Reflex-ArcPosted 12/12/2013 9:56:52 AM
It's an allegory for real life. Bravo, Microsoft, you magnificent poetic bastards.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#10nickr2d2Posted 12/12/2013 10:06:03 AM
Brummie_lad123 posted...
The vibration stopped on my controller, changed the batteries and it worked again so I presume that's the indication.

Same.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends