4 million between MS and sony...

#1bdfan4everPosted 12/12/2013 12:19:52 AM
Awesome. These numbers will encourage developers to invest in both consoles. Gamers win. Everybody's happy.
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 12/12/2013 12:20:50 AM
Weeeee
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#3OZ_ArchangelPosted 12/12/2013 12:23:06 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Weeeee

Thats not for you to use, thats reserved for Teehee only
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#4aszsithPosted 12/12/2013 12:24:57 AM
I wouldn't say everybody is happy. Some people just hate seeing the industry succeed. Sadly, they get all worked up about the "horse they bet on" and forget that if one company fails, it hurts the entire industry.

That being said, I'm pretty jazzed about the news that both are selling well. I look forward to the crop of games we'll be playing at holiday 2015. I figure that's when devs will start hitting their stride and really be able to work some magic once they've tested the waters and figured out just what they can get out of the systems.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#5bdfan4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 12:40:10 AM
aszsith posted...
I wouldn't say everybody is happy. Some people just hate seeing the industry succeed. Sadly, they get all worked up about the "horse they bet on" and forget that if one company fails, it hurts the entire industry.

That being said, I'm pretty jazzed about the news that both are selling well. I look forward to the crop of games we'll be playing at holiday 2015. I figure that's when devs will start hitting their stride and really be able to work some magic once they've tested the waters and figured out just what they can get out of the systems.

Yes!!! Very excited!
#6reaper329Posted 12/12/2013 12:52:16 AM
Holy s***, a positive topic? On the Xbox One forums? Time to hunker down in the bomb cellars fellas. It's about to go DOWN.

But seriously, I'm pleased that both systems are doing well. Failure of one hurts us all. It's foolish to sit there and chant for the death of your rival when your rival is a vital part of the industry that you're suckling from the teat of. How hard will you bite the hand that feeds?

Anywho, I figured it'd be close...I knew MS would be able to reverse the catastrophe that was their initial One debut, and I never doubted Sony would do well. Congrats to Sony and MS both for their success.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
FC: 2208 4654 8189
#7TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/12/2013 1:33:05 AM
By their powers combined, they've almost caught up to the Wii U!
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#8SomnusNemorisPosted 12/12/2013 1:36:46 AM
People really need to stop spinning the Xbox One numbers so as to say it's the same as the PS4 situation. They're vastly different.

The PS4 was reportedly 2.1m after its first day in EU, and it was only that because it sold out absolutely everywhere. The Bones trickled up to the 2m mark because it's absolutely everywhere and hardly sold out in any place.

They're different situations completely. The demand for the PS4 is simply higher, hence when Wallmart or whoever it was had a batch of each, the PS4s were gone in 20 minutes while it took the Bone 18 hours.
---
PSN/GT - AstuteClass
#9BushidoEffect3Posted 12/12/2013 1:40:10 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
They're different situations completely. The demand for the PS4 is simply higher, hence when Wallmart or whoever it was had a batch of each, the PS4s were gone in 20 minutes while it took the Bone 18 hours.

truth. I called my local Gamestop earlier, clerk told me they've been sold out of PS4s. Said I need to call back every week. When I asked about xboner, they still had leftover stock. Said I don't want that. He was like "sorry about that!"

http://i.minus.com/i62zCjRBqSbrb.gif
---
http://i.imgur.com/TUf4vEL.gif
http://youtu.be/jhTaQizF4z4
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 12/12/2013 1:42:40 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
By their powers combined, they've almost caught up to the Wii U!
and, in just a fraction of the time. they make the wiiu look like it's living out its life in dog years.