Xbox One: The last Xbox console?

#1AxelPoePosted 12/12/2013 1:36:18 AM
Machinima stated that the guys at MS don't really care to keep doing gaming consoles and just want to stick with computers. So the guys at MS said this may just be the last Xbox console. So... what's with that statement from Machinima? Is this true? Did those guys at MS actually say this?
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}] Est: 1982
#2Jedi454Posted 12/12/2013 1:37:09 AM
Link?
---
GT: DyingRoman
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#3krystylaPosted 12/12/2013 2:14:29 AM
Poacher says there probably will be another generation but it will be futile effort as video consoles will drastically change. Hopefully we will have private server streaming to all sorts of devices already
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#4CyborgTwentyPosted 12/12/2013 4:09:27 AM
krystyla posted...
Poacher says there probably will be another generation

Yeah PS5 and Wii U2 but no Xbox.
#5GotTruthPosted 12/12/2013 4:22:56 AM
I just don't understand why SONY and MS don't just focus on making games LOOK and PLAY better, while working to improve their Multiplayer Networks.

Wait till I can ACTUALLY play a AAA Studio Title with something like the Kinect before you just force the dang thing on me. The reason I don't have Kinect for my 360? You guessed it, You can't actually PLAY anything but rhythm crap on it. Come at me when you have the tech down to the point I'm able to play something like StarCraft 2 using -lag free- voice and motion controls that look and WORK something akin to Minority Report or other Sci-fi with similar motion interfaces. I would PAY for that.

So far the main selling point is menu navigation and it abilty to collect information for MS to use in Marketing and sell of to WHOMEVER they may choose.......NOT two thing worth MY money....
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#6Sin_Angelus_Posted 12/15/2013 9:53:17 PM
GotTruth posted...
Come at me when you have the tech down to the point I'm able to play something like StarCraft 2 using -lag free- voice and motion controls that look and WORK something akin to Minority Report or other Sci-fi with similar motion interfaces. I would PAY for that.

Good point. It's going to take some time but honestly I think they'll get close this gen, and including a Kinect with every system (to encourage devs to innovate) will help. For now I'm satisfied with it's integration into sports games, the fitness app, and games like Skyrim and Dead Rising 3. Maybe not blown away, but enough to warrant me investing in the tech.
#7Semp1Posted 12/15/2013 9:56:15 PM
They make way too much money to not continue with xbox. There will be another generation as long as billions are made.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#8natevinesPosted 12/15/2013 9:57:17 PM
Wonder how long this gen will last. We won't have a new console until the 2020s, most likely
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman