Game statistics are broken. :(

#1danl0134Posted 12/12/2013 2:32:53 AM
So one of the cooler features of the Xbox One is to compare stats of games played with friends. This is very cool meta-data for people like me, and one of the things Microsoft promised prior to launch. Unfortunately it's broken.

I was comparing some stats today, and my "Crimson Dragon" playtime reads "6 days". Unfortunately (and fortunately), this is not even close to accurate as I've probably put 10 hours tops into this game. I haven't checked out any other stats to verify if the whole system is broken or not, but this is mildly disappointing. Hopefully it gets fixed in a patch.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#2TheMuffinPosted 12/12/2013 4:41:55 AM
Does that maybe just mean how many days you played it on?
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#3danl0134(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 5:36:56 AM
No, because it tracks hours played, and what I assume is supposed to be a 24 hour day. Glitches out after several hours. I've seen people with games played for 100 days...
---
Great job!
#4Brummie_lad123Posted 12/12/2013 5:54:26 AM
I've noticed this too, mine says I've played battlefield 4 for 57 hours, however I have played it for about 8 hours.
---
XBL Gamertag = DarkLPmaster4
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 12/12/2013 5:58:37 AM
Lol at least we know how MS keeps getting them statistics they post.

How many hours spent gaming MS? Oh really now.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#6aheroafakePosted 12/12/2013 6:06:41 AM
The game statistics data that I've compared to my friends on Xbox Live and so far the statistics look correct...
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |
#7danl0134(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 1:16:04 PM
aheroafake posted...
The game statistics data that I've compared to my friends on Xbox Live and so far the statistics look correct...

They'll glitch out sooner or later. Hopefully this is addressed in a patch.
---
Great job!
#8bessy67Posted 12/12/2013 1:17:14 PM
Yeah, it says I've played AC4 for 3 days. I've played it a lot, but not that much.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9danl0134(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 1:32:06 PM
bessy67 posted...
Yeah, it says I've played AC4 for 3 days. I've played it a lot, but not that much.

I think it starts glitching out after you get into the double digits for hours. All of my single digit hours games are pretty accurate, but the ones that are 10+ hours read as me playing them for multiple days.

Very strange, as keeping track of time played is pretty simple to code.
---
Great job!
#10squarex8264Posted 12/12/2013 1:40:16 PM
My DR3 stats for time played seems correct, as do other games.

I think that Crimson Dragon keeps track of days though, and not hours. It just sees how many times you have signed in and marks it as a day.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade