Do you consider the Xbox One as a gaming and entertainment device only?

#1FeatherwindPosted 12/12/2013 6:07:16 AM
Did you make the decision of buying or not buying the Xbox One based only on it's merits as a gaming and entertainment device? - Results (27 votes)
Yes
62.96% (17 votes)
No
37.04% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Did you make the decision of buying or not buying the Xbox One based only on it's merits as a gaming and entertainment device or did you also consider other factors not directly related to entertainment such as privacy issues, supporting MS policies & actions or buying American?
---
pathological
#2_PDZero_Posted 12/12/2013 6:08:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3crawdadPosted 12/12/2013 6:18:35 AM
I only preordered it after they removed all of their controversial policies. The moment those come back, I'm selling it and permanently moving to PC gaming.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#4rusty12000Posted 12/12/2013 6:24:52 AM
pc ftw
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#5hak145Posted 12/12/2013 7:56:56 AM
TC, i dont understand what you are asking in the poll so i will just answer the topic title. I dont see how the xbox one can be anything else other than a gaming and entertainment device.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#6Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/12/2013 8:15:30 AM
My XBO is my significant other. The prudes in DC won't allow this type of union but we know what we have together and that is all that matters.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#7cheezedadadaPosted 12/12/2013 8:16:26 AM
I dont get the poll either.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#8Featherwind(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 8:27:24 AM(edited)
hak145 posted...
TC, i dont understand what you are asking in the poll so i will just answer the topic title. I dont see how the xbox one can be anything else other than a gaming and entertainment device.

There have been many posts about MS collecting information on Xbox One users, their controversial policies and ways of doing business. These are not directly related to it's capabilities as an entertainment device. For example whether MS collects marketing information about you with the Kinect or not doesn't directly affect the devices gaming capabilities. But MS collecting that information could affect the decision of whether someone purchases a Xbox One.

Basically the Xbox One is not just purely a gaming and entertainment device because it has other purposes as well such as collecting information and advertising.

Also the Xbox One is an "American" console. This is also not related to it's capabilities as a gaming machine but it could affect the decisions of some.
---
pathological