Microsoft: indies "crucial" to future of gaming

#1UltraPlanetPosted 12/12/2013 8:53:04 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-indies-crucial-to-future-of-gaming/1100-6416682/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform
#2TrueBlue91Posted 12/12/2013 8:59:08 AM
Lol, what a joke
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#3RyuuHou25Posted 12/12/2013 9:01:37 AM
Yeah, I posted this already and it was ignored.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#4CoordinatesPosted 12/12/2013 9:03:50 AM
MS needs to shut up about the future and focus on what matters now.
---
PSN: pPpPancakes
Arguments won: 41 and counting -- Arguments lost: none yet
#5Troll_DirectoryPosted 12/12/2013 9:12:20 AM
well, they did spearhead indies on consoles en masse. so, they would probably know one way or the other, how important they are to the industry. on the other hand, they found an ms guy who is under nda and can only spit out pre-launch talking points, and called it an "interview." thanks for insulting our intelligence gamespot.
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 12/12/2013 9:28:48 AM
To address the topic at hand, I agree that indies are crucial to the future of gaming. These smaller titles not only fill the void between the big blockbuster "AAA" titles that today's gamer has come to expect, but they also also serve the purpose of showing those same gamers that lower budget games can be just as fun.

Not only that, but these indie game developers often have less to lose when they choose to be a bit more experimental in their game design, pushing boundaries and testing new gameplay ideas outside of the norm, potentially moving the industry forward with cool new nontraditional ideas and concepts.

I'm all for indie games.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7cheezedadadaPosted 12/12/2013 9:30:42 AM
Indies are crucial. Anyone who believes otherwise should tell the millions and millions of people who bought games like Terraria and Minecraft.

AAA games are great, but we NEED both.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#8Wolverine24708Posted 12/12/2013 9:39:46 AM
MS just keeps amazing me, really.
---
GT: Glorymaker