Has Microsoft approached Fumito Ueda?

#1YoYoHaHaPosted 12/12/2013 2:18:06 PM
Fumito Ueda, the creative mastermind behind ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, left Sony about a year ago for undisclosed reasons, and has been reportedly working in a freelance capacity to complete the long delayed Last Guardian game.

My question to you: do you think Microsoft has approached Fumito Ueda about working on some new exclusives for Microsoft Studios? It'd be a no brainer, right?

So do you think they approached him and, if so, when do you think would be the ideal time to make such an announcement?
---
Peace and love, peace and love!
#2Exodus_PrimePosted 12/12/2013 2:19:42 PM
It would be awesome if they did, but he's still supposedly working on The Last Guardian until it is finished out of respect for his project. But I just don't see Microsoft doing this move.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#3krystylaPosted 12/12/2013 2:24:48 PM
They should really pursue mistwalker again he made the best turn based jrpgs of the last decade
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#4KabtheMentatPosted 12/12/2013 2:36:02 PM
Japanese games aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Why would MS bother? Especially for a JRPG...again, aren't exactly flying off the shelves unless it's a Pokemon and a handful of 3DS games.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5YoYoHaHa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 2:44:47 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Japanese games aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Why would MS bother? Especially for a JRPG...again, aren't exactly flying off the shelves unless it's a Pokemon and a handful of 3DS games.

Well having a diverse lineup of games, even if they are niche titles, can't hurt.

They backed two niche downloadable games for launch in Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon.

It may also move units in markets where they aren't traditionally strong.
---
Peace and love, peace and love!
#6KabtheMentatPosted 12/12/2013 3:00:32 PM
Like what? Japan? I'm pretty sure MS doesn't give a **** about the Japanese market...and why should they, no one else really does anymore either.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#73HPPosted 12/12/2013 3:11:18 PM(edited)
KabtheMentat posted...

Lol Ueda doesn't make JRPGS. It's funny that you would even assume that. And SoTC happens to have to been one of the most critically acclaimed games of it's generation and the game that single-handedly led to video games being taken seriously as an art form.

The fact is, everyone should want this man making more games on as many systems as possible.
#8KabtheMentatPosted 12/12/2013 3:17:33 PM
I used JRPGs as an example because that's the genre most people on GameFAQs cry about when talking about Japanese gaming.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#9CyborgTwentyPosted 12/12/2013 3:22:05 PM
In December 2011 he suddenly left Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Team ICO for unclear reasons without official comments from Sony, but he will finish "The Last Guardian" in a freelance capacity.
#10Pacman2dxPosted 12/12/2013 3:31:25 PM
If there was a Shadow of the Colossus sequel of some kind I'd have to own it .. no matter what console it came out on. Having said that it'd be cool if MSFT approached him once The Last Guardian is done, I know Sony fans have been waiting on that game for some time.
---
It always seems impossible until it's done. - Nelson Mandela