So Xone costs 100 dollars more, has tons of bad PR, and yet...

#11daddydivine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 3:35:48 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
daddydivine posted...
3HP posted...
daddydivine posted...

Take your own advice and ignore this sort of post next time, in the hopes of not derailing a topic.

That seems rude to not reply to someone because I dont like what he or she posts. We're all grown here.
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
#12teehee23Posted 12/12/2013 3:37:42 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
looking back its pretty funny what the trolls wanted us to think. They were really desperate to try to sabotage the launch but in the end it was all for not. A lot of wasted time and effort :(

Indeed but what else do they have to do.
Xbox #1 selling out everywhere is no surprise to us and very satisfying.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#133HPPosted 12/12/2013 3:37:48 PM
I will see you all at the next Microsoft stockholder's meeting, I trust?
#14SnickleseedPosted 12/12/2013 3:39:01 PM
daddydivine posted...
That seems rude to not reply to someone because I dont like what he or she posts. We're all grown here.

I'm not so sure about that
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#15Merc123Posted 12/12/2013 3:42:21 PM
PS4 did have a week headstart and launched in alot less regions, only 2 i think while Xbox launched in 13. Also people have been saying Xbox has been more well stocked than PS4. They are both nowhere to be seen in my town though.

I expected the Xbox to sell though even with the bad PR and being 100 dollars more. Its Xbox and thats a strong and popular brand.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#16MRL3G3NDPosted 12/12/2013 4:01:25 PM
the ps4 took a lot of hits to their starting line up
the fact that watchdogs and driveclub dropped out...it made their launch lineup a lot less appealing

XB1 still delivered DR3 and Forza 5

with that said a lot of people just stuck with what they were used to

it need be I will trade my xbox in or just go get a ps4
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#17xHuckleberryPosted 12/12/2013 4:07:35 PM
daddydivine posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
daddydivine posted...
3HP posted...
daddydivine posted...

Take your own advice and ignore this sort of post next time, in the hopes of not derailing a topic.

Feeding the troll is grown up tactics.

Gotcha.
#18ab2c4Posted 12/12/2013 4:12:34 PM
There are always enough people to buy the consoles at release. The question is how will it be selling six months from now.
#19QuintiousPosted 12/12/2013 4:16:50 PM
All I'll say is this: I won a few of these things at a contest at PAX Prime this year, and I've had them all up on Craigslist for nothing more than retail price since they arrived...and I've only actually managed to move one of them.

The only - and I mean ONLY - reason why the One is keeping up with PS4 sales is because it's more available. I was looking around yesterday, and found them for click and buy sale at Amazon, Gamestop and Best Buy. The PS4 was sold out at all of those venues.

Hell, I know people who work AT Microsoft who don't even want one - and don't even get me started on the throngs of people selling their "I Made This" special edition white console on Craigslist because they have no interest in it - or rather, TRYING to sell them.
---
I sued Microsoft...and won!
http://digg.com/xbox_360/Average_Joe_takes_on_Microsoft_over_the_360_units_and_wins
#20BiggyDXPosted 12/12/2013 4:29:02 PM(edited)
TC, I think its important to understand that most of the bad PR surrounding Microsofts policies were mainly known by avid gamers who look online for gaming information and watched E3. Most people out there that play video games don't do such things, nor have they probably watched E3 and were able to discern what the console was all about. Considering that Microsoft reversed most of the policies gamers took issues with it, wasn't going to become that big an issue once the launch date came.

I'd also that if someone was willing to spend $500 on the PS4 and a game to go with it, I doubt it would have been out of budget for them to do the same with the Xbox. This isn't me being a fan boy for Microsoft or something. I'm just saying that most of us on these boards have been living in this bubble believing that Microsoft was going to have significant troubles (or was doomed as others would say).
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX