So Xone costs 100 dollars more, has tons of bad PR, and yet...

#41SilmarnirPosted 12/12/2013 5:18:01 PM
And yet... we are still having redundant conversations about a console war. Yippee. Can't wait for the boards to get back to normal. I'm sick of talk about sales. Lets talk about games.
#42ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 12/12/2013 5:21:17 PM
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
Why does everyone seem to care what a console does or doesn't sell? If you have and enjoy one console over the other, congrats and keep enjoying it. Trying to sway gamers to "your side" is as lame as it gets.

If the console is selling it will get more support -- more good games and so on.
#43The_Undying_84Posted 12/12/2013 5:24:37 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
This whole "but PS4 is sold out!" thing sounds a lot more like a reassurance thing than the TC's post. Are we really supposed to believe Sony and its massive resources were outmanufactured by a software company?

I think Microsoft is the larger company, and either way they obviously have sufficient experience in producing consoles at this point.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#44Dr WhoopassPosted 12/12/2013 5:31:23 PM(edited)
sworder posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/411270948663201792

orly?

if you skipped 1st grade math like major nelson, here is a lesson

1 million in 24 hours is faster than 900k in 9 days

Mocking my math skills while simultaneously not knowing what an AVERAGE is?!?

Oh you

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-biggest-launch-in-xbox-history
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#45sworderPosted 12/12/2013 5:34:45 PM(edited)
Dr Whoopass posted...

Oh you

what does average have to do with anything?

Fastest selling is just that, the fastest. And PS4 sold faster because it sold more in less time

Major Nelson is a joke and embarrasses Microsoft on a regular basis with moronic statements like this one

Dr Whoopass posted...
http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-biggest-launch-in-xbox-history

that has nothing to do with NA like the tweet says, that's worldwide

not sure why you brought this up
#46Dr WhoopassPosted 12/12/2013 5:34:52 PM
sworder posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...

Oh you

what does average have to do with anything?

Fastest selling is just that, the fastest. And PS4 sold faster because it sold more in less time

Major Nelson is a joke and embarrasses Microsoft on a regular basis with moronic statements like this one

You'll pardon me if I can't trust your opinion on who is and isn't a moron, won't you?
---
#47sworderPosted 12/12/2013 5:37:53 PM
that's fine, I understand this simple math might be a little confusing for some of you
#48Dr WhoopassPosted 12/12/2013 6:01:57 PM
sworder posted...
that's fine, I understand this simple math might be a little confusing for some of you

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/npd-xbox-one-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-november-and-call-of-duty-leads-software/1100-6416696/

Since you're such a big math guy, can you explain to me why Sony won't release their actual sales figures? Could it be because words are more vague than numbers? Or that words can lie where numbers cannot?
---
#49TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/12/2013 6:04:51 PM(edited)
Dr Whoopass posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...
This whole "but PS4 is sold out!" thing sounds a lot more like a reassurance thing than the TC's post. Are we really supposed to believe Sony and its massive resources were outmanufactured by a software company?

The cool thing about facts is they're true whether you want to believe them or not. You act as if Microsoft doesn't have massive resources themselves. Gates isn't a billionaire for no reason.

So it's a fact that a software company manufactured more consoles than a hardware company? Or is it a fact that you are blind to this oddity? Where is your factual information that you want me to believe is true? The only fact is that you stole that paraphrased quote from Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I have no idea who that guy is but ok.

Anyways, there are plenty of reports of Sony not being able to keep up with demand. I don't even keep up with that kind of stuff and I know that. You should try looking things up if you aren't sure, before trying to refute them.

EDIT: Nvm, just read your next post
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#50sworderPosted 12/12/2013 6:08:57 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/npd-xbox-one-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-november-and-call-of-duty-leads-software/1100-6416696/

Since you're such a big math guy, can you explain to me why Sony won't release their actual sales figures? Could it be because words are more vague than numbers? Or that words can lie where numbers cannot?

dude why do you keep linking to a million articles that have the same source? they are all reporting back to Major Nelson's tweet

this isn't a fact, it's a claim that Major Nelson made because a) he sucks at math or b) he's just lying to make Xbox look better

Sony's actual figures don't matter. You already have the important figure. They sold over 1 million in 24 hours. Microsoft did not even reach the million in November.

What is so hard for you to understand?

Sony sold MORE units in LESS time. This is simple stuff