So Xone costs 100 dollars more, has tons of bad PR, and yet...

#51Dr WhoopassPosted 12/12/2013 6:13:40 PM
sworder posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/npd-xbox-one-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-november-and-call-of-duty-leads-software/1100-6416696/

Since you're such a big math guy, can you explain to me why Sony won't release their actual sales figures? Could it be because words are more vague than numbers? Or that words can lie where numbers cannot?

dude why do you keep linking to a million articles that have the same source? they are all reporting back to Major Nelson's tweet

this isn't a fact, it's a claim that Major Nelson made because a) he sucks at math or b) he's just lying to make Xbox look better

Sony's actual figures don't matter. You already have the important figure. They sold over 1 million in 24 hours. Microsoft did not even reach the million in November.

What is so hard for you to understand?

Sony sold MORE units in LESS time. This is simple stuff

Apparently your mathematical brilliance has come at the high cost of being unable to read:

"After nine days of availability, the Xbox One sold a total of 909,132 consoles. Sony did not reveal specific sales numbers for the US in November, however the NPD report notes that, "PlayStation 4 sales included an additional week within the November data month compared to Xbox One. When looking at sales on an average per-week basis, Xbox One led PS4. Keep in mind, however, that supply typically becomes constrained in the second week after launch.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#52OutFromUndrPosted 12/12/2013 6:19:33 PM
A few things to think about....keep in mind these are my personal perceptions and opinions.

1. The majority of consumers do not follow the gaming industry like most of us here do. A lot of people probably didnt know about the "bad PR."

2. Online gaming has become more and more popular. Sure, there's PS Plus now, but Xbox Live is still perceived as being the better online service with more people playing (whether that's true or not is irrelevant - it's all about perception).

3. Despite the early hardware issues, 360 owners were happy with their purchase (for the most part). Because of this, people would need a damn good reason to make the switch. Especially if you're an Xbox owner with a lot of friends who also own an Xbox.

4. Xbox One had much better launch titles. I own AC4, DR3, Ryse, and Battlefield 4. If I had a PS4, I would only have access to two of those games. A lot of people on these boards say things like "the PS4 will have more/better exclusives down the line." This may be true, but if you're someone like me then you're just going to wait for those exclusives to come before buying the console.

5. There are people out there who actually care about the "all in one" concept.

6. People have different personal preferences when it comes to controllers. This is a very important aspect that I feel is often overlooked. And despite improvements on DS4, a lot of people either dont know about the improvements, or they still prefer Microsoft's controller (like me).

7. When you add all those things up, the $100 difference in price is quite insignificant. If people can afford it and feel like they will enjoy Xbox more, then that's what they'll go with.

With all that said, I look forward to purchasing a PS4 when more exclusives are released somewhere down the road.
---
GT: Tommot67
#53sworderPosted 12/12/2013 6:19:49 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
Apparently your mathematical brilliance has come at the high cost of being unable to read:

"After nine days of availability, the Xbox One sold a total of 909,132 consoles. Sony did not reveal specific sales numbers for the US in November, however the NPD report notes that, "PlayStation 4 sales included an additional week within the November data month compared to Xbox One. When looking at sales on an average per-week basis, Xbox One led PS4. Keep in mind, however, that supply typically becomes constrained in the second week after launch.

The phrase "average per-week basis" is not a synonym to "fastest selling console"
#54Dr WhoopassPosted 12/12/2013 6:21:44 PM
sworder posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...

The phrase "average per-week basis" is not a synonym to "fastest selling console"

Wow, your english skills really are bad. We'll call you when we need some spreadsheets or something.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#55sworderPosted 12/12/2013 6:28:51 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
Wow, your english skills really are bad. We'll call you when we need some spreadsheets or something.

Sure thing. Just put this one down as another thing that I am not surprised you cannot understand
#56necro00Posted 12/12/2013 6:41:00 PM
3HP posted...
daddydivine posted...
The Xone is still neck and neck with the PS4. I honestly was thinking of getting a PS4 this gen because I believed the Xone would crash and burn and it wouldnt get anymore exclusives. Now I'm looking at sales and wondering what if Microsoft never announced the bad policies. The PS4 would be looking mighty sad right now. And here I thought there was no way a vocal minority could be that loud.

The reassurance is strong with this one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68071630

It took 17 days for the PS4 to sell 2 million units. 18 days for the XBOX ONE, which is $100 more and in less countries. Any way, no hate for either. Selling 2 million units in 2 and half weeks is amazing. Of course analysts abound predicted both consoles would sell 3 to 4 million units by end of 2013 if they could keep the production high. Right now we know MS is doing this. Not so sure about Sony though. The next 2 weeks should be huge for both since they are the biggest shopping weeks of the year.
#57ish0turfac3Posted 12/12/2013 6:44:28 PM
People are drones.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#58Donuts_R_GoodPosted 12/12/2013 7:00:14 PM
Christ, the anti-Xbox people use the word "reassurance" so much, it's like when a first grader just learns a new word in school and says it all the time to impress mommy and daddy.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#59OEIO999Posted 12/12/2013 7:09:24 PM(edited)
In Australia, PS4 is sold out all the way to March, 2014. They still have XBONE in stock and can go and pick it up anytime you want, no pre-order necessary.
#60BrownGottiPosted 12/12/2013 7:06:45 PM
The problem with the ps4 vs x1 is that in reality no one cares!