So what would you pay to not be spied on?

#31SorbetowulfPosted 12/12/2013 4:53:47 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
Apex-Player posted...
If my ps4 can spy on me without a camera,
as well as an xbox can with kinect,
Damn is ps4 built better, just outstanding.

Define "spying." Because "spying" isn't just a visual medium. Sorry, but if your voice communications between other people can be recorded and disseminated, that absolutely meets the definition of spying.

I apologize that the English language doesn't fit into your narrow-cookie cutter world outlook.

Apparently the English language doesn't fit you either.
Yes voice recording is spying, but is it on par with xbox scanning your living room on top of recording your voice.

I said if it could, as well as an xbox, I never tried chopping pieces to talk about like yourself.

Considering the Sony terms of service on privacy are even more loosely worded and the company has said less publicly to address their own T.O.S. and privacy policies, yes, I'd say the Playstation 4 is most definitely on par with XBox One in terms of ability to spy. Especially seeing as how the boogeyman you all act like are ready to bust down our doors would be far more interested in listening to "potential terrorist plots" than looking at dude on a couch.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#32Satchmo25Posted 12/12/2013 4:57:33 PM
Quintious posted...
Apex-Player posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Mod please ban Apex. They Sony pony lives on the Xbox One board and does nothing but make this website a worse place.

Ahh, desperation. The reason we favor this board.

My answer was accurate, dudes talking about giving hundreds to some guy when the best solution would be just buy a ps4.

Keep crying though.

I have a PS4. I'm enjoying it. It's my choice for this gen. That said, what about when (not if, when) the PS4 does a firmware update and gets the same voice and video support?

It won't, there's a long laundry list of issues sony is working on to fix the PS4 and make it more palatable, adding voice and video support to bring it on par with X1 is unlikely :(
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#33TBONE_OGPosted 12/12/2013 4:57:44 PM
bessy67 posted...
Why would you pay when if you're really that paranoid you can just not buy an Xbox One or you can simply unplug kinect? And you're completely wrong about everything you just said anyways.

/thread
---
Always O.G.
#34masumane2Posted 12/12/2013 5:00:08 PM
Anyone who thinks that Microsoft isn't trying to spy on their customers is naive and foolish

I will not buy an Xbox one I hate the idea of consoles becoming so intrusive
---
Christians don't believe in gravity
#35Apex-PlayerPosted 12/12/2013 5:01:20 PM
Sorbetowulf posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
Apex-Player posted...
If my ps4 can spy on me without a camera,
as well as an xbox can with kinect,
Damn is ps4 built better, just outstanding.

Define "spying." Because "spying" isn't just a visual medium. Sorry, but if your voice communications between other people can be recorded and disseminated, that absolutely meets the definition of spying.

I apologize that the English language doesn't fit into your narrow-cookie cutter world outlook.

Apparently the English language doesn't fit you either.
Yes voice recording is spying, but is it on par with xbox scanning your living room on top of recording your voice.

I said if it could, as well as an xbox, I never tried chopping pieces to talk about like yourself.

Considering the Sony terms of service on privacy are even more loosely worded and the company has said less publicly to address their own T.O.S. and privacy policies, yes, I'd say the Playstation 4 is most definitely on par with XBox One in terms of ability to spy. Especially seeing as how the boogeyman you all act like are ready to bust down our doors would be far more interested in listening to "potential terrorist plots" than looking at dude on a couch.

Smh whatever xbro.
Ps4 audio spying, equals xbox audio and video spying.
Ill just take your word for it mkay? Mkay.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#36stekim40Posted 12/12/2013 5:02:36 PM
Pay to escape the spying?

I did it the easy way.. after almost a decade of Xbox consoles, I moved to the PS4.

and yes.. the kinect and its 'spying' was THE main reason for my change. Had Microsoft release a kinect free bundle, I would have bought that.

I guess I'm not the only long time Xbox fan to be disgusted with their attitude and move to another platform.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#37Def_S0ulPosted 12/12/2013 5:15:06 PM
bessy67 posted...
Why would you pay when if you're really that paranoid you can just not buy an Xbox One or you can simply unplug kinect? And you're completely wrong about everything you just said anyways.

Or they should never have forced the Kinect? If not a whole lot of people are using it because of the forced data mining then they should've just made it optional for the people who want to use that damn device (people who don't mind being mined for data) and kept their console $100 less to compete with the PS4. A lot of people are getting pissed off at companies focusing too much on ninja data collecting without the consumers consent. Just google LG about their HD TV's. They are doing the exact same thing like M$ towards that Kinect 2.0 minus the visual and audio data mining.
#38SorbetowulfPosted 12/12/2013 5:25:46 PM
Apex-Player posted...

Smh whatever xbro.

Aww. You say XBro like my feelings are supposed to be hurt.

But thanks for taking my word for it. I know how hard it would be for you to actually read some documents to try to refute something I used to shoot down your first petty remark.

Thanks for coming out and making yourself look stupid. Again! I'll see you in the next thread?
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#39Apex-PlayerPosted 12/12/2013 5:30:19 PM
Sorbetowulf posted...
Apex-Player posted...

Smh whatever xbro.

Aww. You say XBro like my feelings are supposed to be hurt.

But thanks for taking my word for it. I know how hard it would be for you to actually read some documents to try to refute something I used to shoot down your first petty remark.

Thanks for coming out and making yourself look stupid. Again! I'll see you in the next thread?

The one who is stupid, is the guy who thinks:
Audio Spying,
Is Equal to,
Audio and Video spying.

And xbro is the least offensive term to relate to an xbot or xboner consumer.

Thanks for proving to me how sound that head apon your shoulders really is.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#40OCRAZYGunPosted 12/12/2013 5:35:25 PM
Quote:Answer is 400, and on a ps4.
@Apex-Player

This is what I was thinking as well. Wish Microsoft would have come out with the Xbox One without a Kinect for $400. If they did it'd be Xbox One > PS4 all day long.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12