So what would you pay to not be spied on?

#41bessy67Posted 12/12/2013 6:41:35 PM
Def_S0ul posted...
bessy67 posted...
Why would you pay when if you're really that paranoid you can just not buy an Xbox One or you can simply unplug kinect? And you're completely wrong about everything you just said anyways.

Or they should never have forced the Kinect? If not a whole lot of people are using it because of the forced data mining then they should've just made it optional for the people who want to use that damn device (people who don't mind being mined for data) and kept their console $100 less to compete with the PS4. A lot of people are getting pissed off at companies focusing too much on ninja data collecting without the consumers consent. Just google LG about their HD TV's. They are doing the exact same thing like M$ towards that Kinect 2.0 minus the visual and audio data mining.

Why? It's their console, they can do whatever the hell they want with it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. And please stop whining.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#42Chyld989Posted 12/12/2013 6:54:47 PM
Quintious posted...
most people seem to be unaware that that mic listens to every conversation you have and stores it so that it can deliver targeting marketing to you in games and on the console, etc. - this was the reason they wanted to go to that big server cloud platform instead of on-disc data

I'm guessing the reason that most people are unaware of this is because it is completely untrue.
#43SorbetowulfPosted 12/12/2013 7:16:57 PM(edited)
Apex-Player posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
Apex-Player posted...

Smh whatever xbro.
Ps4 audio spying, equals xbox audio and video spying.
Ill just take your word for it mkay? Mkay.

Aww. You say XBro like my feelings are supposed to be hurt.

But thanks for taking my word for it. I know how hard it would be for you to actually read some documents to try to refute something I used to shoot down your first petty remark.

Thanks for coming out and making yourself look stupid. Again! I'll see you in the next thread?

The one who is stupid, is the guy who thinks:
Audio Spying,
Is Equal to,
Audio and Video spying.

And xbro is the least offensive term to relate to an xbot or xboner consumer.

Thanks for proving to me how sound that head apon your shoulders really is.

Aww, Pony Boy.

It's not about what equipment is being used, it's about what the T.O.S. and Privacy Policies clearly state they can do with the information you've agreed to give them.

The head upon my shoulders is able to read legal documentation and understand it for myself. The head upon your shoulders resorts to calling a clearly intelligent consumer of products that has read and done his homework about actual privacy policies an XBot because he refuted the first statement you made in the thread with evidence-based information.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#44Apex-PlayerPosted 12/12/2013 7:52:42 PM(edited)
You never posted evidence, you rely on hearsay. I find it hard to believe you read the Ps4 TOS, but feel free to post actual links with quotes of both the xbox and ps4 to back up your overzealous opinion.

Until you post actual evidence, your only speaking your opinion.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#45SorbetowulfPosted 12/12/2013 7:46:52 PM(edited)
Apex-Player posted...
You never posted evidence, you rely on heresy. I find it hard to believe you read the Ps4 TOS, but feel free to post actual links with quotes of both the xbox and ps4 to back up your overzealous opinion.

Until you post actual evidence, your only speaking your opinion.

It doesn't surprise me that you find it hard to believe that people read.

As I'm posting from an iPad and pages refresh themselves when bouncing back and forth, I'll do you the favour of posting the links to both Privacy Policies here and allow you to read them yourself. Though I sincerely doubt you'll take the time.

I don't feel like highlighting the stuff here, because even once I go through the ten or so minutes it will take to cite the relevant passages, you'll just huff and continue to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

However, I'll give you a hint and tell you the key importance is to understanding the difference between personally identifying information and aggregate information, and what the various companies involved say they will do with the different types of information. and, in addition to their documentation, what their legal departments have said publicly regarding said terms and conditions.

Sony Entertainment Network (covering all consoles, Sony-managed webpages, etc).
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/privacy-policy/

XBox Live (Covering all XBox console use)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/livetou

Also, please do learn the difference between "heresy" and "hearsay." I have not slandered the Pope.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#46googlerPosted 12/12/2013 7:52:18 PM
I think the answer is you have to spend $0 not to get spied on. That's how ****ed up things are. You can't by a damn thing anymore
#47DojoMaxPosted 12/12/2013 8:09:17 PM
Bump
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#481nternationa7Posted 12/12/2013 8:12:45 PM
The funny thing is that you pay money to get spied on. All your tax dollars are being put to good use hiring NSA agents, purchasing servers, and building data centers.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#49DojoMaxPosted 12/12/2013 8:19:33 PM
It baffles me how many cry about a peripheral and how it effects the price tag of a system they claim to not want. Also how they're worried about being spied on but post instagram videos of what they're doing in their lives and using Facebook like a blog. They also own smartphones with front facing camerad a d post selfies of themselves all day long. Its really entertaining.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#50SteelToothPosted 12/12/2013 8:48:10 PM
Zero, because we are constantly being monitored in some way through various means, whether it be devices we already used (phones, etc.) to our workplaces.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg