After initial game disc install

#1XxDANGMIESTAxXPosted 12/12/2013 5:34:07 PM
Do I need the disc in the console to play it? If not then will i ever need it?
---
Gamertag:EckoGRY/ps3 network ID:EckoGRY
wii code:1827 3417 6539 8285
#2anime02Posted 12/12/2013 5:35:02 PM
you need it to play it. dont want to bother with the disk? buy digital.
---
Who cares about console sales? The same type of people that care about which band of colored helmets can run their handegg acrossed a field the most.
#3Dr WhoopassPosted 12/12/2013 5:35:22 PM
Yes, thanks to all the babies that cried about the DRM.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#4aszsithPosted 12/12/2013 8:27:33 PM
This is the thing I want patched the most. The system was designed with this functionality, so a simple patch would fix the problem. I'll take a once daily online check-in as a trade off for the feature. As a back-up option (for when the Internet is down or access isn't available) you should then still be able to use the disc if desired.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#5MurryEB_Alt1Posted 12/12/2013 8:29:57 PM
aszsith posted...
This is the thing I want patched the most. The system was designed with this functionality, so a simple patch would fix the problem. I'll take a once daily online check-in as a trade off for the feature. As a back-up option (for when the Internet is down or access isn't available) you should then still be able to use the disc if desired.

I thought this would work, but then you gotta figure that you could just hand the game to someone and they could play it offline.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 12/13/2013 2:24:04 AM
See its too bad MS didn't offer that option. Of course some form of DRM is needed when no disc is required...but there was no reason not to allow leaving the disc in if there's no internet to play the game. Complain about the "whiners" all you want but the whole fiasco was MS' s fault and instead of fixing it they took their ball and went home.
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#7Syco ClownPosted 12/13/2013 3:57:28 AM
anime02 posted...
you need it to play it. dont want to bother with the disk? buy digital.

Why buy digital when it costs more than buying a hard copy?

They said digital would be cheaper...they lied.
---
Obscure Creations
#8aszsithPosted 12/13/2013 9:07:17 PM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
aszsith posted...

I thought this would work, but then you gotta figure that you could just hand the game to someone and they could play it offline.

Hence the back-up option mentioned with the need to put the disc in when the Internet is out.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#9mindoftwomoronsPosted 12/13/2013 9:17:33 PM
aszsith posted...
Hence the back-up option mentioned with the need to put the disc in when the Internet is out.

No, he understood that. The problem is that you, the original owner of the disc, would be able to play the game without the disk and just give it to someone else to play offline, essentially having two copies of one game.

For online games it would be useless but for single player games it's an issue.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#10jpraelsterPosted 12/13/2013 9:27:08 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
Yes, thanks to all the babies that cried about the DRM.

You mean all the people who cared about customers rights