After initial game disc install

#11aszsithPosted 12/13/2013 8:42:32 PM
mindoftwomorons posted...
aszsith posted...
Hence the back-up option mentioned with the need to put the disc in when the Internet is out.

No, he understood that. The problem is that you, the original owner of the disc, would be able to play the game without the disk and just give it to someone else to play offline, essentially having two copies of one game.

For online games it would be useless but for single player games it's an issue.

If the disc had the DRM embedded, in theory it would have to be registered online once to validate it to your system and it would prevent that scenario. It would also prevent the game from being lent/resold without the second player buying a license.

I'm guessing that the original DRM plan they had when they announced the XBOne was something like this. Personally, as someone who doesn't buy used games, I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the feature. But I understand that I'm in the minority there.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#12godslayer61Posted 12/14/2013 10:14:57 AM
Syco Clown posted...
anime02 posted...
you need it to play it. dont want to bother with the disk? buy digital.

Why buy digital when it costs more than buying a hard copy?

They said digital would be cheaper...they lied.

on the x1 it is a few dollars cheaper on the ps4 it is more cheaper because they don't charge tax were the x1 does, plus I have noticed that Sony has way more sales and better deals for there online store. I prefer digital but not right now on my x1 since the drive is to small and no upgrade option so it is disks for most games .
---
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975----------http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#13SteelToothPosted 12/14/2013 11:27:43 AM
Syco Clown posted...
anime02 posted...
you need it to play it. dont want to bother with the disk? buy digital.

Why buy digital when it costs more than buying a hard copy?

They said digital would be cheaper...they lied.

Source? I don't recall MS ever saying digital games would be cheaper, only that they were looking into different procing models, which others could infer as the pricing going to be cheaper.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg