Anyone else holding out until a redesign releases?

#31CKnightPosted 12/13/2013 12:25:44 AM
Sorry for 3rd post but Destiny looks much better.
#32Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/13/2013 12:29:29 AM
CKnight posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
leelee3105 posted...
TMOG posted...
I'm just waiting for a cheaper Kinectless model, and I want to make sure it's going to have enough exclusives that I'm interested in -- and sorry, but Halo, Titanfall, and Gears of War aren't gonna cut it, because after last gen I'm so burnt out on both FPS and TPS that I could vomit when I see one.

And if it doesn't have the exclusives to justify a purchase, then there's really no point whatsoever to buying one when I already have a PS4.

The PSpoor sucks, and there want be a kinectless model for years. You might as well quit gaming

Pretty sure it'll be quicker than that, hell.. The Kinect is barely used for games, Titanfall.. the savior for Xbox One doesn't even use it, at all.

Well for one the console hasn't been out for a full month, it came out Nov 22 of this year and your already summing up the life span of the Kinect.

2nd unlike the 360, as of now every single Xbox One has a Kinect at the start of the gen. Wouldn't that drive more devs to make games for it?

3rd, MS isn't taking a loss on the Kinect so why make a Kinect-less bundle when the OS runs smoother and faster with it. It's not only there for gaming but for control of the console itself and MS made this very apparent because it was a major focus when they first showed the Xbox One. Remember they didn't just run clips of games and all the dullards assumed it would have none.

Most games for consoles are multiplat, developers are not going out of their way to add Kinect support to it, and when I had my Xbox One, I never used the voice commands because it wouldn't work right half the time. The hand gesture movement was slow and using the controller was much faster. It doesn't make it any better. The system works just fine without the Kinect.

The one Kinect games on the market, and that one demo are absolutely horrible. It's already failing, far as actual good games go. No company is going to make a AAA game that relies on the Kinect, because the chance of failure is absolutely incredible it will.

Microsoft spends around $80 in parts to build the Kinect. They can lower the console price down to $400 to compete with the PS4 on its level of price.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#33Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/13/2013 12:30:26 AM
CKnight posted...
And when did Titanfall become the savior?

Titanfall's success will probly be because its an early release and people will probly want something other than a military shooter.

If it launched say a a few weeks before a Gears of War or Halo 5, it'd get crushed.

That's all people post about here, Titanfall.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#34CKnightPosted 12/13/2013 12:37:16 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
CKnight posted...
And when did Titanfall become the savior?

Titanfall's success will probly be because its an early release and people will probly want something other than a military shooter.

If it launched say a a few weeks before a Gears of War or Halo 5, it'd get crushed.

That's all people post about here, Titanfall.

Because it's a new series thats coming out soon. I'm sure PS4 owners would be equally excited but by no means will the Xbox One live or die by Titanfall's success or failure.
#35leelee3105Posted 12/13/2013 3:50:30 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
CKnight posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
leelee3105 posted...
TMOG posted...
I'm just waiting for a cheaper Kinectless model, and I want to make sure it's going to have enough exclusives that I'm interested in -- and sorry, but Halo, Titanfall, and Gears of War aren't gonna cut it, because after last gen I'm so burnt out on both FPS and TPS that I could vomit when I see one.

And if it doesn't have the exclusives to justify a purchase, then there's really no point whatsoever to buying one when I already have a PS4.

The PSpoor sucks, and there want be a kinectless model for years. You might as well quit gaming

Pretty sure it'll be quicker than that, hell.. The Kinect is barely used for games, Titanfall.. the savior for Xbox One doesn't even use it, at all.

Well for one the console hasn't been out for a full month, it came out Nov 22 of this year and your already summing up the life span of the Kinect.

2nd unlike the 360, as of now every single Xbox One has a Kinect at the start of the gen. Wouldn't that drive more devs to make games for it?

3rd, MS isn't taking a loss on the Kinect so why make a Kinect-less bundle when the OS runs smoother and faster with it. It's not only there for gaming but for control of the console itself and MS made this very apparent because it was a major focus when they first showed the Xbox One. Remember they didn't just run clips of games and all the dullards assumed it would have none.

Most games for consoles are multiplat, developers are not going out of their way to add Kinect support to it, and when I had my Xbox One, I never used the voice commands because it wouldn't work right half the time. The hand gesture movement was slow and using the controller was much faster. It doesn't make it any better. The system works just fine without the Kinect.

The one Kinect games on the market, and that one demo are absolutely horrible. It's already failing, far as actual good games go. No company is going to make a AAA game that relies on the Kinect, because the chance of failure is absolutely incredible it will.

Microsoft spends around $80 in parts to build the Kinect. They can lower the console price down to $400 to compete with the PS4 on its level of price.

They dont need to lower their price to compete though that the point. They are already doing much better than just competing. There numbers are in, and so far based on avg consoles sold per day X1 is winning. The video games industry made several billions last month though, so honestly everyone is winning!
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#36EllesarienPosted 12/13/2013 3:56:40 PM
I seriously don't even get why one would want a X-1 without Kinect.

I mean then it would only be a middling Processor and Video Card upgrade like the PS4.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.