Will the fact that XB1 had massive sales stop people from saying bad things?

#21Redjoker777Posted 12/12/2013 6:50:20 PM
mcnichoj posted...
PS3 is one of the biggest abominations of miss-mashed hardware and poorly programmed OS, didn't stop them from trash talking the 360 which despite the overheating issue was a near flawless console.

Near flawless?
---
3DS FC: 2621-2758-3169
#22mcnichojPosted 12/13/2013 12:03:50 AM
Redjoker777 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
PS3 is one of the biggest abominations of miss-mashed hardware and poorly programmed OS, didn't stop them from trash talking the 360 which despite the overheating issue was a near flawless console.

Near flawless?
It had some stupid problems like it didn't have certain codecs for certain videos that needed a specific codec for playback off a external HDD, the awful dashboard update after awful dashboard update, IIRC you could only put music on the console via ripping CD's, some games were messed up (mostly the devs fault but when I can't play my vintage Sega games unless I do some BS startup method: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134784 well then it becomes a MS problem) and exclusives kind of dried up in the end.

If you're asking what made it good though, well it was one of the easiest consoles to develop games for and have them run smoothly.
In 99.9% of cases for multiplatform games the PS3 version had problems or ran worse.
Even though the 360 didn't sell too well in Japan, the process of porting a PC game was so simple that you basically had to sell twenty copies in order to make back all your money spent porting it over. So the 360 had a lot of SHMUPs and visual novel games. Even some really obscure niche games.
It had some fantastic exclusives.
Had a ton of features over its console competition such as cross-game chat.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#23Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/13/2013 12:22:10 AM
Nintendo Gamecube sold quite a bit, one of the most successful launches. See how that turned out
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#24krystylaPosted 12/13/2013 12:26:52 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Nintendo Gamecube sold quite a bit, one of the most successful launches. See how that turned out

Well they should have made better games than Mario water jetpack and hunchback Zelda at least those 2 games made me not want it
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#25Spetsnaz420Posted 12/13/2013 12:54:06 AM
Some people clearly dont understand the psychology behind trolling if they think sales will stop the trolling
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#26xacebopPosted 12/17/2013 9:01:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]