NPD calls Xbox ONE XBO

#2195_EclipsePosted 12/12/2013 9:25:41 PM
krystyla posted...
I've been doing that for weeks now hoping others would pick it up, I don't remember were I picked it up

I've been using Xbo since around it's announcement when people were trying to pick a name.

Unfortunately "Xbone" stuck. But I don't care, I keep using XBO because its easy to type.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#2295_EclipsePosted 12/12/2013 9:26:42 PM
krystyla posted...
PutHaggarInSF posted...
Had a friend say he calls it Xbone because it's "fun".

I don't even know what that means. Is that where we are as a society that when we refer to a game console it has to be fun? At this point I just say "One".

I was just annoyed because 1 its too long and sounds weird XBO [Exbow] on the other hand fits

That's also exactly how I say it lol.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#23Def_S0ulPosted 12/12/2013 9:40:37 PM
Tsk tsk... too many names.

Original xbox = xbox
xbox 360 = xbox 360, 360
xbox one = xbone, the bone, xb one, xb 1, xbox 1, xbo, one xbo, 1 xbo, the one, the 1
#24welder7Posted 12/12/2013 9:50:56 PM
boy, did MS ever botch the naming of this new console.

I mean, when the most commonly used and accepted nickname of your new $500 machine is 'Xbone,' then you have severely botched the name.
#25krystyla(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 10:31:53 PM
welder7 posted...

I mean, when the most commonly used and accepted nickname of your new $500 machine is 'Xbone,' then you have severely botched the name.

Welcome to the internet, notice how many on the internet use should/could/would of instead of - have, what does that say about the English language, nothing whatsoever.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#26AnarchyCampPosted 12/12/2013 11:52:43 PM
If you all put as much time into finding a girlfriend as you do trying to decide what to call a console, you would spend a lot less time on gamefaqs.
---
#27dnmtPosted 12/12/2013 11:52:57 PM
krystyla posted...
welder7 posted...

Welcome to the internet, notice how many on the internet use should/could/would of instead of - have, what does that say about the English language, nothing whatsoever.

That's not what it's about at all. Xbone is simply a lot catchier than the official name.
#28Spetsnaz420Posted 12/13/2013 1:10:39 AM
I call it X1 because calling it Xbone upsets people :/
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#29Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 12/13/2013 12:13:25 PM
Xbone does seem more of a troll made up type of name. I usually just call it what it is either way.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#30Kageblade23Posted 12/13/2013 2:03:36 PM
Geist posted...
Kageblade23 posted...
actually it makes alot of sense since the x and box would be hyphenated the hyphen is removed and the first letters are used when using numbers technically you are supposed to spell them out grammatically... so it makes perfect sense...

X-BOX ONE Shorthanded to XBOne

But there is no hyphen in the name, you are adding it. Hence it makes no sense.

grammatically if you want to read it (X-BOX) the hyphen is needed otherwise XBOX would be considered one word

although if you don't want to look at it grammatically that's fine the logo itself is in CAPS Short-handing it to XB and again because your spelling out numbers to make it grammatically correct you would add the One so it would look like XBOne which by your other short-handding XBO was also acceptable which would be a shortened version of the XBOne
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!