For people who say sales don't matter...

#1rx54Posted 12/12/2013 8:11:37 PM
Tell me why a developer would care about System A as much as System B if they had double the players and double the sales, money, profit etc on System B?

Has anybody heard about the Wii U?
Yes?
Remember how many developers completely ignore it because it's not worth the time because not enough people have it?

Remember how 360 was favored with way more early DLC and exclusive DLC than PS3 because it had more potential customers?

None of that matters though, apparently.

Of course the gap between System A & B aren't that far apart right now, but you're insane if you don't realize these things influence developers choices.
This is an industry, they want to make as much money as possible.
---
PSN - Hunched
#2EmbersOfElderPosted 12/12/2013 8:13:18 PM
rx54 posted...
Tell me why a developer would care about System A as much as System B if they had double the players and double the sales, money, profit etc on System B?

Has anybody heard about the Wii U?
Yes?
Remember how many developers completely ignore it because it's not worth the time because not enough people have it?

Remember how 360 was favored with way more early DLC and exclusive DLC than PS3 because it had more potential customers?

None of that matters though, apparently.

Of course the gap between System A & B aren't that far apart right now, but you're insane if you don't realize these things influence developers choices.
This is an industry, they want to make as much money as possible.

The Wii called...
---
XBL: Embers of Elder
PSN: EmbersofElder
#3EastCoastKodyPosted 12/12/2013 8:13:50 PM
devs ignored Wii U before it sold bad.

"blah blah......We aren't making games for Wii U because of its low install base....blah blah"

*turns around and makes games for XB1 & PS4 when they had 0 install base

seems legit
#495_EclipsePosted 12/12/2013 8:14:10 PM
Sales do matter, only a complete fool says otherwise.

Now, what doesn't matter, is which console has the most sales, it only matters if they make enough to make their parent company consider them a success or not.

Anyone who thinks the XBO will outsell the PS4 is living in a dream world laced with cocaine. But as long as MS sees it as a success, there isn't much to worry about for Xbox fans.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#5Alienware4LifePosted 12/12/2013 8:14:30 PM
What are you getting at, everyone knows the wii u won't get any 3rd party support due to sales while ps4 sold tons and Xbox one is the fastest selling ever and over 200k per day sold.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#6rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 8:17:28 PM
EmbersOfElder posted...
The Wii called...

I don't want to hear about how it's 15 minutes of fame are up.

There's a reason the Wii U failed.
The original Wii looked different from what was available, innovative, a thing for families.
Everybody got it and now nobody cares anymore, it lost its magic because it was never a console marketed for the gamers who spend many many hours a week gaming, aka the loyal customers.

The Wii attracted outsiders.
---
PSN - Hunched
#7krystylaPosted 12/12/2013 8:18:13 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Sales do matter, only a complete fool says otherwise.

Now, what doesn't matter, is which console has the most sales, it only matters if they make enough to make their parent company consider them a success or not.

Anyone who thinks the XBO will outsell the PS4 is living in a dream world laced with cocaine. But as long as MS sees it as a success, there isn't much to worry about for Xbox fans.

This, pretty much everyone on this board knows the XBO won't outsell the PS4 and no one ever thought it would. But I got the XBO first anyway and am happy with my purchase as long as the PS4 sells less than 1.5 times of what the XBO sells it does not matter at all
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#8rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 8:19:35 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
devs ignored Wii U before it sold bad.

"blah blah......We aren't making games for Wii U because of its low install base....blah blah"

*turns around and makes games for XB1 & PS4 when they had 0 install base

seems legit

The Xbox One and PS4 had massive preorders ahead of release date, and actually had hype unlike the Wii U.
---
PSN - Hunched
#9ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/12/2013 8:28:36 PM
sales matter, but not to us consumers. Sure, the best selling console may gain more support, but doesn't mean its competitors won't get the same game, unless devs and publishers don't want to make money.

That being said, people are bringing up sales in the wrong manner. When someone posts sales stats, it's not to affirm that sales matter, it's just posting news of a console.
It's the equivalent of someone posting that the xbone has esram People won't post "zomg who cares about esram doesn't make me enjoy xbone games less"

To me, when people respond negatively to sales stat threads, it shows how butthurt they truly are, hiding behind a "don't care" attitude. Usually, when you feel the need to say you "don't care", when nobody asked YOU if you cared, you most likely care.
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#1095_EclipsePosted 12/12/2013 8:34:44 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
sales matter, but not to us consumers. Sure, the best selling console may gain more support, but doesn't mean its competitors won't get the same game, unless devs and publishers don't want to make money.

That being said, people are bringing up sales in the wrong manner. When someone posts sales stats, it's not to affirm that sales matter, it's just posting news of a console.
It's the equivalent of someone posting that the xbone has esram People won't post "zomg who cares about esram doesn't make me enjoy xbone games less"

To me, when people respond negatively to sales stat threads, it shows how butthurt they truly are, hiding behind a "don't care" attitude. Usually, when you feel the need to say you "don't care", when nobody asked YOU if you cared, you most likely care.

Don't forget the morons that throw parties about sales figures. Ignoring the fact that the competition has been sold out for the majority of the last month.

People really need to wait until supply catches up with demand to get a real picture of what's going on.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.