So Titanfall is Exclusive to the XBox One because...

#31Fou LuPosted 12/13/2013 8:24:47 AM
Is there some kind of epidemic going on in the world that causes people to think a game being released on 3 different platforms means it's only being released on 1?

Titanfall is being released on the Xbox One, Xbox360, and PC. It's is NOT AN EXCLUSIVE.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#32SavageTrooperPosted 12/13/2013 8:25:47 AM
Blizz87 posted...
GotTruth posted...
how is a title that releases on 3 platforms "exclusive" to the XBone?

I know I'm going to enjoy playing it on my 360.

I have a few friends that are getting it on PC.

now if you would have said a "MS exclusive" that would have been accurate.

It's exclusive to X1 because it's the only next gen console that has the game. I won't even be excited about the 360 version as it's just being over seen by Respawn not made by them. So clearly it will be the crappiest version out of the 3.

It's not exclusive. It's available on PC and 360. Exclusive means it's only available on that one platform and thats it. What's so hard to understand that. That would be like people saying Warframe is exclusive to PS4, when that would be false. You trying to categorize it into next gen availability is like trying too hard to even call it exclusive. Even if you want to count the availability of the game on "next gen" PC is there. PC is a platform and PC also counts when talking about next gen as well.
#33crucialPosted 12/13/2013 8:31:10 AM
My friends and I bought a X1 just for this game and MS is saying in there adds that it's only on X1 as a next gen only game,and if you buy it for the PC MS still get's your money,it's not like if you do not buy it on X1 MS loses money,no they will get profits from all platforms,so buy it on the 360 or PC as far as MS is concerned,but with that said TF will move X1s,it all ready has.
#34SavageTrooperPosted 12/13/2013 8:38:35 AM
crucial posted...
My friends and I bought a X1 just for this game and MS is saying in there adds that it's only on X1 as a next gen only game,and if you buy it for the PC MS still get's your money,it's not like if you do not buy it on X1 MS loses money,no they will get profits from all platforms,so buy it on the 360 or PC as far as MS is concerned,but with that said TF will move X1s,it all ready has.

Nope. MS makes no money at all on PC games unless they developed or published said game. If every single person bought the game on PC, MS would not see a penny from those sales. You are crazy if you think the only "next gen" version of Titanfall will only be on Xbox One when PC is right there.
#35fool_breakaPosted 12/13/2013 8:44:07 AM
Titanfall is on PC so it isn't exclusive anyway. If you have a PC and a ps4 your not missing anything of importance.
#36Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/13/2013 8:47:45 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
SazukeEX posted...

Thus the first Titanfall wont be on PS4 but they are open to future Titanfalls being multi-plat unless EA pulls another back room deal without informing Respawn of their intentions again.

One of two things can happen:

1. Titanfall goes so well on the PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 that Microsoft will see there is big money to be had, and pay for future titles (if they come about) to be exclusive like the first.

2. Titanfall does indeed go multi-plat (whether or not Microsoft tried their hand at getting it exclusive again), and the franchise becomes the best things since sliced bread again, according to the rest of the gaming community.

Microsoft makes no money on the PC version. They don't receive license fees for applications nor games. I'm shocked some of you don't know this.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#37A-2TheKPosted 12/13/2013 8:51:30 AM
To be fair, it is essentially a Microsoft exclusive. As far as I know you require a version of windows and MS cloud & servers will be used across the board so you can bet MS are taking a cut of all sales. I also believe you require Origin to play it, as there's no way it will come to steam which is kind of lame as Origin is terrible but that's getting off topic
---
God, did you remember to render everything?
FlameLurker666
#38night_drifter05Posted 12/13/2013 9:02:50 AM
I can't wait to see this game fail at release when it's a poorly done mech clone of Call Of Duty.
#39Xfma100Posted 12/13/2013 9:04:06 AM
AshleyGreene74 posted...
I'm going to wait for the reviews and such to come out for Titanfall before I decide to get it because at the moment, it just doesn't look that impressive to me, at least to the degree of hype it's receiving.

Even IF I do buy it, it'll be for 360. But then again, I read somewhere that it has forced Kinect commands and forced DLC, so if it has those, I'll be passing it up.

It's been confirmed that it will not use the Kinect iirc.

BDJayce posted...
GotTruth posted...
how is a title that releases on 3 platforms "exclusive" to the XBone?

I know I'm going to enjoy playing it on my 360.

I have a few friends that are getting it on PC.

now if you would have said a "MS exclusive" that would have been accurate.

It's the only real title that shows promise for the next 6 or so months... by continuously calling it "Xbox One exclusive" they reassure themselves that their purchase was worth it.

I'd hate on them for that but the PS4 doesn't even have a "Sony Exclusive" game that they can boast about.

Infamous: Second Son?
---
3DS FC: 2251-4407-1145
#40TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/13/2013 9:06:37 AM
BigSnappaX posted...
RebelGameMaster posted...
Don't forget that you can also get the most out of Titanfall by purchasing it for your PC.

i swear man.. why the heck are you people on these boards??? Just to irritate people???

You need to reevaluate your entire life if that irritated you.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D