>buying a system for launch exclusives

#21aszsithPosted 12/15/2013 7:16:43 AM
So then, please enlighten us as to the reason to buy a GAMING console at launch, if NOT for the launch GAMES?

What you'll probably say is that you should go with the system with the best potential over time and that you should focus on a system that plays games and isn't riddled with useless non-gaming features.

The problem with that logic is two-fold:

1) You already stated launch titles shouldn't be considered. That leaves ONLY non-gaming features to consider. The XBOne has more of those.

2) Potential is based on speculation. Another word for that is guessing. So under that logic, people should be guessing which one might be better in the long run? That's not the best way to decided how to spend $500.

For people who plan on buying both, but not both at launch (because that is kinda silly due to lack unique software for both) the factor(s) that determine the initial purchase HAVE to be the launch titles and available stock. Both of these factors also skew towards the XBOne right now.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#22yanksfan4247Posted 12/15/2013 7:22:11 AM
So I should buy a system in the launch window for games that may or may not be good years from now?

Yea that makes more sense.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#23krystylaPosted 12/15/2013 7:29:14 AM
aszsith posted...
So then, please enlighten us as to the reason to buy a GAMING console at launch, if NOT for the launch GAMES?

What you'll probably say is that you should go with the system with the best potential over time and that you should focus on a system that plays games and isn't riddled with useless non-gaming features.

The problem with that logic is two-fold:

1) You already stated launch titles shouldn't be considered. That leaves ONLY non-gaming features to consider. The XBOne has more of those.

2) Potential is based on speculation. Another word for that is guessing. So under that logic, people should be guessing which one might be better in the long run? That's not the best way to decided how to spend $500.

For people who plan on buying both, but not both at launch (because that is kinda silly due to lack unique software for both) the factor(s) that determine the initial purchase HAVE to be the launch titles and available stock. Both of these factors also skew towards the XBOne right now.

This
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#24GRU_CommanderPosted 12/15/2013 7:30:54 AM
Thank god people have already pointed out post SM64 launch games......

Xbox-HALO?!
Dreamcast-Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure, NFL2k, MvC
Xbox 360- CoD2, Geometry Wars
Wii-Wii Sports (Shut up, don't lie, it was fun and a time sucker)
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#25Ludwig Von 2Posted 12/15/2013 7:33:06 AM
RockguyKev posted...
Nobody has cared about a launch game since the N64.

I liked Luigi's Mansion o_0
---
My luck works best when things are... random. Mat Cauthon from The Dragon Reborn
#26monkeyluv101Posted 12/15/2013 7:45:09 AM
Plenty of worthwhile launch exclusives to enjoy, got plenty of third party too, won't list those though. These are what I got on launch (except X1 waiting on that one)

SNES-SMW, F-Zero
PS1-Warhawk, Ridge Racer, Rayman
N64-Mario 64, Wave Race
DC-Sonic Adventure, NFL 2K, Soul Calibur, Power Stone
GC-Rogue Leader
ps2-Midnight Club, Smugglers Run, TTT
Wii-Zelda TP
Xbox-Halo, Oddworld, PGR
PS3-Resistance, Ridge Racer 7
360-Perfect Dark Zero, Condemned, PGR 3
ps4-KZ Shadow Fall, Resogun
X1-DR 3, Forza 5

Plenty of great well criticized games I'd say....
#27ImThe8thWonderPosted 12/15/2013 7:57:00 AM
Well, if any of the launch exclusives for this gen were any good, I would have disagreed with the TC. But they're lower than the standard of gaming that we're all used to. If any of the current exclusives launched only in the previous generation (with graphics to match) nobody would ever be glorifying them.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.