Splitscreen Gaming

#1PurpleLink739Posted 12/13/2013 9:45:47 AM
Seriously what happened to it? I got four games with my console, Ryse, Forza, Battlefield, and DeadRising. And only Forza has splitscreen, but all 4 have online multiplayer. And to me it seems like all 4 COULD have had splitscreen. so whats the deal? Maybe its just me, but the past several weeks I've had more fun playing halo 4 on my friend's 360, with 3 other guys in the room, than by myself on the One...
#2BTM4444Posted 12/13/2013 9:50:00 AM
I really wish battlefield would have had it for even like tdm. I can understand why though. Dead rising probably doesn't have it because of performance or not enough time. Ryse probably the same thing
---
Owner of an Xbox One, Xbox 360, 3DS, and Ouya :)
BF4>>>>>BO1>COD4>WAW>GHOSTS>MW2>MW3>BO2
#3charlton3kPosted 12/13/2013 9:50:12 AM
That's why I played Halo and Gears so much. Me and my partner live together, why would we have 2 tvs and 2 consoles? Makes no sense.
Army of 2, EDF, Borderlands. Amazing due to the splitscreen.
Also having friends over, drinks and snacks, while playing Halo or Diablo with 4 players > xbox live.
---
Craphex
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2410815/
#4TrueBlue91Posted 12/13/2013 9:51:57 AM
It's the console dilemna. If you push the limited hardware to its max, which you probably will end up doing, you can't have splitscreen without MAJORLY dumbing everything down.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#5PurpleLink739(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 10:04:06 AM
I just don't understand how you can have 64 person matches online but you can't have splitscreen, not even 4 person, I would be content with 2 player splitscreen. and as for dead rising, they have online co-op, so why they coulnd't have offline doesnt make sense to me. and ryse has online and "offline" multiplayer, so why they could't add a second player in the gladiator mode just don't make sense.
#6TrueBlue91Posted 12/13/2013 10:14:17 AM
PurpleLink739 posted...
I just don't understand how you can have 64 person matches online but you can't have splitscreen, not even 4 person, I would be content with 2 player splitscreen. and as for dead rising, they have online co-op, so why they coulnd't have offline doesnt make sense to me. and ryse has online and "offline" multiplayer, so why they could't add a second player in the gladiator mode just don't make sense.

Because even with 64 players it's not majorly taxing on the console's ability to process everything. It just needs to handle the marker position of the other players and their current state. It doesn't have to literally render the entire game area twice (or more)
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#7Keven_KoopaPosted 12/13/2013 10:17:25 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
PurpleLink739 posted...

Because even with 64 players it's not majorly taxing on the console's ability to process everything. It just needs to handle the marker position of the other players and their current state. It doesn't have to literally render the entire game area twice (or more)

That's not how multiplayer works...
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#8TrueBlue91Posted 12/13/2013 10:20:08 AM
Keven_Koopa posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
PurpleLink739 posted...

You sure? I thought it did. And I'm all for splitscreen gaming but it doesn't seem feasible anymore.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9Keven_KoopaPosted 12/13/2013 10:21:33 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
PurpleLink739 posted...

You sure? I thought it did. And I'm all for splitscreen gaming but it doesn't seem feasible anymore.

I find it hard to believe that the entire level for Super Mario is remade 4 times when my family plays Super Mario 3D World.
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#10TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/13/2013 10:24:41 AM
Why do people keep saying "because the graphics have to be dumbed down" like that's not what we dealt with in almost all the past games with splitscreen? Yet, we still loved playing them.

Inb4someonewhovaluesinternetfriendsmorethanrealfriendscomesincodemningus
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D