Does MS need die hard gaming fans to outsell the PS4?

#1sabrestormPosted 12/13/2013 1:06:46 PM
The same thing could be said about the PS4, they need diehard fans too. I think whoever has the most diehard fans promoting on message boards and buying consoles will win in the end. Does the Xbox one have enough diehard fans to beat Sony and the PS4?
#23HPPosted 12/13/2013 1:10:26 PM
Who cares?
#3GamerMinglePosted 12/13/2013 1:12:24 PM
The company with the most fans will outsell the other, this is true. I also think that as long as consumers keep up the free publicity that comes with so called "console wars" that both companies will still laugh all the way to the bank in the end...
---
GamerMingle.com --- Stop Playing with Yourself!
#4Apex-PlayerPosted 12/13/2013 1:15:43 PM
I think the xbox will get a greater portion of there sales from casuals this gen.
Not going to point out how that will affect the games on xbox in the long run...
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#5sabrestorm(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 1:18:33 PM
3HP posted...
Who cares?

let me put it this way. the dominant company will command the gaming world with exclusives and basically be able to tell all the devs what to do. Thats why you should care who wins.
#6TerraUniversePosted 12/13/2013 1:23:34 PM
I think the exact opposite.

The "message boards" don't mean anything.

Xbox One and PS4 are about the same. They both sold the 1 million in 1 day and they both have sold 2 million.

I don't even know what you mean by "fans." It's about gamers, and most gamers will buy both consoles.

Right now, I think Dead Rising 3 is the best game out for PS4/Xbox 1. No matter what, Xbox 1 and PS4 are both going to have good exclusive games, I would assume.
#73HPPosted 12/13/2013 1:26:34 PM
sabrestorm posted...
3HP posted...
Who cares?

let me put it this way. the dominant company will command the gaming world with exclusives and basically be able to tell all the devs what to do. Thats why you should care who wins.

If the platform you game on is in second place the company will have more and more reason to put out quality exclusives. Competition is good for us gamers.

But you can feel free to pledge allegiance to a corporation that just wants your money.
#8PutHaggarInSFPosted 12/13/2013 1:29:17 PM
sabrestorm posted...
the most diehard fans promoting on message boards

lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/Venml45.gif
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#9gobuffalo30Posted 12/13/2013 1:32:18 PM
TerraUniverse posted...

Xbox One and PS4 are about the same. They both sold the 1 million in 1 day and they both have sold 2 million.

I don't even know what you mean by "fans." It's about gamers, and most gamers will buy both consoles.

Right now, I think Dead Rising 3 is the best game out for PS4/Xbox 1. No matter what, Xbox 1 and PS4 are both going to have good exclusive games, I would assume.

Yes, they both sold 1 million in a day. But the number is also misleading since MS released in 13 countries while Sony just released in NA.
#10TBONE_OGPosted 12/13/2013 1:47:35 PM(edited)
gobuffalo30 posted...
TerraUniverse posted...

Yes, they both sold 1 million in a day. But the number is also misleading since MS released in 13 countries while Sony just released in NA.

It's not misleading at all.

Consoles were sold out everywhere - day one.

What you're trying to imply is if MS released only in NA, would they have sold a million in one day.

We will never know. There weren't a million consoles available day one in NA.
---
Always O.G.