Does MS need die hard gaming fans to outsell the PS4?

#21Foxx3kPosted 12/13/2013 7:10:00 PM
As a company, I'd be stoked to have LESS die hard gaming fans.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#22darthmordorPosted 12/13/2013 10:24:29 PM
Sony and Microsoft have taken different approaches for the initial launch, one focuses on core gaming the other goes beyond gaming. In my opinion, the only way for gaming consoles to remain viable is to include functions that go beyond gaming. Microsoft is doing just that, I believe Sony has that goal as well. Sony PR capitalized on the Xbox One's initial problems and focused on hardcore gamers. This difference in philosophy was an integral part in the launching of both consoles, however I believe both companies want the same goals for their respected machines to be an integral part of the living room. The gaming console must evolve especially to remain competitive in the face of mobile tablet gaming, Apple TV, and other future devices such as Valve's Steambox.
#23aszsithPosted 12/13/2013 10:34:15 PM
sabrestorm posted...
The same thing could be said about the PS4, they need diehard fans too. I think whoever has the most diehard fans promoting on message boards and buying consoles will win in the end. Does the Xbox one have enough diehard fans to beat Sony and the PS4?

I think this is actually the complete opposite of what could determine things. The Wii sold amazingly well to a traditionally non-gaming market. So well that in combination with the mobile phone market, an entirely new market of gamers was created. These "casual" gamers don't play COD or GOW but they do play a LOT of games, potentially more than the "hardcore" gamers actually do. And they spend a LOT of money on micro-transactions too, thus generating even more revenue.

So, if you really want to pinpoint a group that could turn the scales, it would be the people who normally don't buy gaming consoles. The company that can sell more product to more people who normally wouldn't buy it will benefit the most.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#24Millertime660Posted 12/13/2013 10:36:29 PM
what a stupid topic.... figures
#25motoraptorPosted 12/13/2013 11:31:33 PM
LOL "diehard fans promoting on message boards" that's the joke of the day right there, folks

I can't believe some people actually think this is true HAHAHA
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#26GotTruthPosted 12/13/2013 11:40:30 PM
sabrestorm posted...
3HP posted...
Who cares?

let me put it this way. the dominant company will command the gaming world with exclusives and basically be able to tell all the devs what to do. Thats why you should care who wins.

You are putting WAY to much faith in the "exclusives". I think the ONLY exclusives I bought for the 360 were HALO games and Gears of War Titles. Both series got worse with each release until they were basically ruined to the point I have no interest in them anymore. Everything else I ever played or got for 360 was a multi-plat.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#27Spetsnaz420Posted 12/14/2013 12:34:47 AM
Since the vast majority of gamers dont visit boards like these I would say not a chance. What happens here has no bearing on overall sales for any system.

Die hard fans are a minority
---
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
#28Jiggysan10Posted 12/14/2013 12:52:03 AM
Quit the stupid shooter rehashes & pull innovation out of your posterior, THEN I will be a diehard fan again. Microsoft!