Just purchased, hooked it up and it already doesn't work!!!

#41rludeman44(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 8:00:07 PM
Lerp85 posted...
rludeman44 posted...
unclekoolaid73 posted...
TC please keep this post updated, i'd like to hear how this turns out/what the problem is/was.

I'll try but as much as we say we hate trolls, we've declared them the winner by getting completely off-topic. If u guys wanna argue about which system is better, please do it somewhere else. I can tell you right now PlayStation four gets the nod so far for me but that's just because I bought this system and hooked it up at 4:30 and four hours later I still can't get it to work. If anyone is seeing this for the first time and has a fix, feel free to pass it along. I am beyond frustrated. If it's a server thing, I get it but it doesn't even start the update. "There was a problem" is not really telling me anything. 4+ hours and I'm no closer than I was a minute after unboxing it.

A few dollar flash drive would be able to get you playing though. The site some one linked to explains exactly how to set the flashdrive up right, it is easy, and then you can use it to update the system.

Can I do it with a Mac though? Bc the site mentioned windows and a PC? The MS guy on the phone all but guaranteed a late night attempt should work. I'm just worried bc it doesn't even start the download. I've been trying, every 30 mins for the past 5 hours.
---
Save the witty one-liners for someone who will be impressed by them.
#42rludeman44(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 8:38:53 PM
I just tried it again and it started the update. I'm hoping I don't get the other problem where it stops at 75%. I've read a few posts on here talking about that.
---
#43jpraelsterPosted 12/13/2013 8:45:02 PM
RJrockstar posted...
Buy a PS4. Problem solved

Yes but now there is a new problem no games to play
#44Lerp85Posted 12/13/2013 8:45:38 PM
rludeman44 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
rludeman44 posted...
unclekoolaid73 posted...
TC please keep this post updated, i'd like to hear how this turns out/what the problem is/was.

I'll try but as much as we say we hate trolls, we've declared them the winner by getting completely off-topic. If u guys wanna argue about which system is better, please do it somewhere else. I can tell you right now PlayStation four gets the nod so far for me but that's just because I bought this system and hooked it up at 4:30 and four hours later I still can't get it to work. If anyone is seeing this for the first time and has a fix, feel free to pass it along. I am beyond frustrated. If it's a server thing, I get it but it doesn't even start the update. "There was a problem" is not really telling me anything. 4+ hours and I'm no closer than I was a minute after unboxing it.

A few dollar flash drive would be able to get you playing though. The site some one linked to explains exactly how to set the flashdrive up right, it is easy, and then you can use it to update the system.

Can I do it with a Mac though? Bc the site mentioned windows and a PC? The MS guy on the phone all but guaranteed a late night attempt should work. I'm just worried bc it doesn't even start the download. I've been trying, every 30 mins for the past 5 hours.

Google how to format with a mac then, can't be that hard. Then download the file and put it on there.

Also, it won't start cause there is an issue. Nothing to worry about if it is cause of extra traffic

Glad ya got it going though
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#45I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/13/2013 8:45:45 PM
Why do people with technical issues post on GameFAQs for advice oppose to contacting support.

*sigh*
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#46DojoMaxPosted 12/13/2013 8:47:56 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
^What a hostile, near-militant comment to make to someone for merely recommending PS4

Ffs
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#47boolzeroPosted 12/13/2013 8:49:26 PM
rludeman44 posted...
I just tried it again and it started the update. I'm hoping I don't get the other problem where it stops at 75%. I've read a few posts on here talking about that.

You may experience the issue where it shuts down and needs to restart the update process all over again after you get it back up.... Don't worry or freak if it is updating and then just shuts down on you for no reason. I had this happen and then just unplugged the power for 30 seconds and plugged it back in and it was fine and updated afterward no problem. I'm not trying to worry you, mind you, just that I had issues initially when setting up the system but once it updated and rebooted it was fine from then on (for the most part).
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#48Reflex-ArcPosted 12/13/2013 8:49:52 PM
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
Why do people with technical issues post on GameFAQs for advice oppose to contacting support.

*sigh*

Because we're a collective of well informed and helpful gamers always willing to offer assistance to our peers in need.

...That was really hard to type without busting into laughter.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#49Lerp85Posted 12/13/2013 8:52:29 PM
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...

*sigh*

If you had attempted to read the thread at all you would know he did contact support. Not only that but it can take a long time to actually get them on the phone some times, so in the mean time you can see if there is any one else with the issue that can help.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#50rludeman44(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 9:11:22 PM
It worked. Try it now for everyone that's having trouble.
---