I hate to say it because I'm a huge Xbox fan, but I don't see the Xbox One

#1dolablaPosted 12/13/2013 6:57:37 PM
Lasting no longer than 3 years. The sales of the console are starting to dwindle down at an alarming rate. Most of the people who wanted the X1 already have it. After Christmas is when I think things will get real bad. Microsoft will try to sugarcoat things, but that's not gonna work when Sony is selling 5x as many PS4's than the X1's. Sony's problem right now is keeping up with the demand.
#2TBONE_OGPosted 12/13/2013 6:58:24 PM
Okay, man.
---
Always O.G.
#3YouShouldBlowMePosted 12/13/2013 7:01:42 PM
Only time will tell.
---
I'm quitting sigs.. i swear this is my last one
#4ILikeGamesManPosted 12/13/2013 7:03:00 PM
This guy again. Shouldn't you be on the PS4 forums posting IGN polls and 900p vs 1080p arguments?
#5Cowboy082288Posted 12/13/2013 7:03:39 PM
ok
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 12/13/2013 7:08:49 PM(edited)
Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually living in an entirely different plane of existence than some of these folks. The certainty with which they make some of these claims is backed with such fervor that I'm lead to question my own perception of current events and what I see as reality.

...but then I step back and just continue on continuing on.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7gerbil_stuffaPosted 12/13/2013 7:08:29 PM
totally disagree.

Nobody I know has got it yet as we are gonna wait till Feb/march. Thats about 20/30 on my 360 list. None of the games have appealed enough for the purchase yet. Sure BF4 etc Dead rising. Just doest not warrant the rush.

If that is just my list that means there will be many more. So I totally disagree with this post and it will sell more as time goes on
#8CKnightPosted 12/13/2013 7:12:33 PM
What I don't get is why would the Xbox One flop?

The Xbox didn't do so well. The 360 did much better and sold nearly the same as the PS3, the PS3 didn't sale nearly as well as the PS2.

So why would the Xbox One just suddenly be on life support coming off of the success of the 360?

It doesn't make any sense?

What's so great about the PS4 outside of PERSONAL OPINION of it has the games I want?

PS3 launched at $600, it had the same exclusives, plus some new ones(Infamous, Unsharted) that PS fans are waiting for this gen, yet it didn't steam role the Xbox 360.
#9dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 7:15:54 PM
The only way I could see Microsoft saving the X1 is if they significantly drop the price. And even then, it could be an uphill battle. Microsoft and their focus on the Kinect/media really ruined what the X1 could have been. If they had just focused on gaming first and foremost and then all the other stuff second, we'd have an amazing console. Kinect should have been optional. IMO It's a waste of time and resources. What made the 360 so great was the focus on gaming first and foremost.
#10ps4mePosted 12/13/2013 7:16:50 PM
Both systems are too big to fail. The 360 killed the ps3 for years and Sony bounced back. There's a market for both systems and Microsoft's demographic is a bit more flexible though the console costs more so it may be irrelevant.

At the end of the day I love technology, have a smart TV, smart phones, smart tablets, laptops, a pc, and a DVR. The X1 compliments my lifestyle perfectly as the center piece of my living room and entertainment. I primarily game on it but I love having the ability to do more. Also as a 360 and ps3 owner I can honestly say that MS UI and infrastructure is miles ahead of what Sony was doing which helped seal the deal for me. I'll probably get both systems this gen again but if I had to choose one the X1 made it an easy choice

Both consoles will break records. Enjoy the competition as the consumers are main benefactors in this console race.