I hate to say it because I'm a huge Xbox fan, but I don't see the Xbox One

#21ps4mePosted 12/13/2013 7:49:10 PM
mcdermott13 posted...
I just want to say that I always lose a little faith in the gaming culture when I see such ridiculous topics about how people hate the other console, their gamers, etc. So it is really refreshing to see such a mature well written response by someone, especially someone with the Username of PS4me. Thank you friend, more should have the same outlook as you.

This username always leads ppl on lol. I made this account back in highschool so the ps4 wasn't even around yet... Hell I don't think the ps3 was announced yet lol
#22theSpiccoliPosted 12/13/2013 10:13:35 PM
dolabla posted...
ps4me posted...
dolabla posted...
ps4me posted...
Both systems are too big to fail. The 360 killed the ps3 for years and Sony bounced back. There's a market for both systems and Microsoft's demographic is a bit more flexible though the console costs more so it may be irrelevant.

At the end of the day I love technology, have a smart TV, smart phones, smart tablets, laptops, a pc, and a DVR. The X1 compliments my lifestyle perfectly as the center piece of my living room and entertainment. I primarily game on it but I love having the ability to do more. Also as a 360 and ps3 owner I can honestly say that MS UI and infrastructure is miles ahead of what Sony was doing which helped seal the deal for me. I'll probably get both systems this gen again but if I had to choose one the X1 made it an easy choice

Both consoles will break records. Enjoy the competition as the consumers are main benefactors in this console race.

See, the thing I see different about this is Sony was coming off the major success of the PS1 and PS2. They already built up their brand worldwide (and a massive one at that). That's one of the major reasons they were able to turn things around. I just don't think Microsoft has that type of pull worldwide as Sony does.

Ps2/1 success had nothing to do with it. Sony dropped their ridiculous price and finally got some exclusives. Microsoft already came out swinging with exclusives... A price drop would boost sales incredibly as it did with the ps3.

The Playstation brand definitely had something to do because it was so big worldwide. The price cut also played a major role.

The brand didn't have a whole lot to do with it seeing as it was getting crushed initially due to the 599 US DOLLARS price point. Playstation might be more recognized throughout the world (and especially Japan!) but Xbox is just as recognized in the US. To each their own, I hope both stay neck and neck throughout this entire console cycle as it will only mean better things in the future.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#23BeefEasterPosted 12/13/2013 10:36:41 PM
look, it's trying to speak
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#24mahgah91Posted 12/14/2013 1:16:34 AM
dolabla posted...
Lasting no longer than 3 years. The sales of the console are starting to dwindle down at an alarming rate. Most of the people who wanted the X1 already have it. After Christmas is when I think things will get real bad. Microsoft will try to sugarcoat things, but that's not gonna work when Sony is selling 5x as many PS4's than the X1's. Sony's problem right now is keeping up with the demand.

Sony already sold 10 million PS4s?
---
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390
#25Millertime660Posted 12/14/2013 1:22:50 AM
mahgah91 posted...
dolabla posted...
Lasting no longer than 3 years. The sales of the console are starting to dwindle down at an alarming rate. Most of the people who wanted the X1 already have it. After Christmas is when I think things will get real bad. Microsoft will try to sugarcoat things, but that's not gonna work when Sony is selling 5x as many PS4's than the X1's. Sony's problem right now is keeping up with the demand.

Sony already sold 10 million PS4s?

Thats what I was wondering.... I think he might be lying.
#26CapwnDPosted 12/14/2013 1:38:35 AM
cheezedadada posted...
There is no possible way that either the PS4 or Xbox One will fail. At all. Ever.

No one should want that to happen either. The more consoles Microsoft sells, the more competition the PS4 has and vice-versa. Both of them having higher sales makes a healthy competition where everyone wins.

I also see TC posting frequently in the PS4 forums and he worries way too much about sales and 'winning'. Everyone should be happy that both consoles are doing well because it makes them work harder at putting out more quality exclusives.

Exactly.

If the topic creator wasn't a child who's living through is first change in console generations, he would know that his premise is a joke for a plethora of reasons.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#27CapwnDPosted 12/14/2013 1:40:29 AM
BeefEaster posted...
look, it's trying to speak

XD!
---
#28GuitaristMattPosted 12/14/2013 1:43:41 AM
Why can't you see the Xbox One o.o ! Get to a doctor AHHHHHHHH! Oh... nvm you are just one of those people.
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#29CapwnDPosted 12/14/2013 1:49:41 AM
Plus add in the fact that PS4 uses GDDR5 with 7GB dedicated to gaming,

Ahh yes, to be naive like the topic creator and just say dumb crap!
---
#30B0tflyPosted 12/16/2013 2:49:34 PM
dolabla posted...

You better hope NOT!!! Seriously, at this point they are dependent upon one another! We need them to compete and fight, and go back and forth, break records, lead their respective fanboys/girls, and push their products to the next level. I opted out of my X1 because of that steaming pile of s*** they use as an OS, but I would NEVER EVER want the system to fail. Everybody needs a loser to win, so rejoice Xbots, second place is a necessary function. ;) (just kidding, relax)
---
Ah, f*** it.