Would more people have bought the Xbone.

#1supersekhPosted 12/13/2013 9:27:00 PM
If it was basically a 360 with new games and better graphics?
#2jpraelsterPosted 12/13/2013 9:30:03 PM
More people would have bought it if two things
A.It was cheaper
B.Didnt Include kinect
#3Cowboy082288Posted 12/13/2013 9:32:02 PM
....... Why are you two talking as if the console is not selling extremely well?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 12/13/2013 9:34:01 PM
More people would have bought it if two things

A.They weren't misinformed lemmings that believe everything they read on message boards and actually enjoyed gaming.

B. Weren't so drenched in conspiracy theory that they choose to live in wilderness shacks mailing manifestos to media outlets.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5majinbuu58Posted 12/13/2013 9:36:08 PM
supersekh posted...

But that's all it is. Same thing with the ps4. Hell, the ps3 isn't very different from the 360. They're all just overpriced computers.
#6lunchbox2042Posted 12/13/2013 10:13:01 PM
I saw plenty at Toys R Us today. No PS4's though.
#7BeefEasterPosted 12/13/2013 10:25:29 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
supersekh posted...

But that's all it is. Same thing with the ps4. Hell, the ps3 isn't very different from the 360. They're all just overpriced computers.

overpriced?

they're significantly cheaper than a comparably powered PC
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#8aszsithPosted 12/13/2013 10:35:49 PM(edited)
lunchbox2042 posted...
I saw plenty at Toys R Us today. No PS4's though.

It is amazing how many people seem to assume that available stock couldn't be anything other than lack of interest. Perhaps Microsoft just has sufficient supply being manufactured to stay ahead of demand and prevent shortages.

Which business strategy would you rather employ for your consumer product?

1) Ensuring that there is enough product on store shelves to satisfy demand and potentially attract customers to your brand instead of your competitors.

OR

2) Having limited supply as to not meet consumer demand and potentially lose customers who decide to grab a readily available similar product from your competitors.

Since we have no idea how many consoles either company has manufactured we don't know what situation either company is in. What we know is that both are relatively close in terms of units sold. Sony may be selling every unit as fast as they can make them. Microsoft may have a surplus available. It is also possible that Microsoft can't sell every unit they make and that Sony has warehouses full of PS4's they aren't shipping to create an artificial shortage to help drive up demand for a "hard-to-find" product. Or it could be neither of those situations.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#9Millertime660Posted 12/13/2013 10:33:57 PM
what aszsith said...
#10IMProdiGYPosted 12/13/2013 10:41:46 PM
First off, the system is selling great. And I love how I keep reading "at this and store there are so many X1s" who cares. Its a vreat system. Playstation has been around longer and has a fanbase who either likes both or just Playstation.

For example, my brother in law he knows crap about games, but had a PS1-2 so right away its PS3 for him and know its PS4. Ask him what is good or bad about Xbox he cant tell you. Also, he loves to talk about how great a game looks on Playstation as if its not out on Xbox.

Sales matter to Sony and Miceosoft. I do not understand why anyone here cares. Now if the X1 was just not selling then I get all the topics about it.

Have fun play ur system please drop all this talk about sales. Both companies are billionaire companies they dont care about us in any way. They care about money which both are making. Both companies only care about making more then they did last generation. If they do that it is success. If not then its a fail.
---
gl hf