Sign here if you defend micro-transactions.

#41Kovalchuk_Posted 12/14/2013 12:31:43 PM
I won't defend them but I have enough common sense to realize that they are needed in today's economy.
---
3754-7115-0719
#42AzaneAzerPosted 12/14/2013 12:36:44 PM(edited)
Microtransactions at their root are fine

Microtransactions at the level they exist today is insane, mostly because they bend the games over backwards to force them on people.

If It was forza 4 with the ability to unlock cars, fine, but forza 5's grind was artificially extended to encourage Microscams, and it hurt the game, the "YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO BUY THEM" crowd are kind of screwed because the game is considerably worse because of their existence.

GTA5 did the same thing, and basically ruined it's own economy on the online play in order to force p2w ideals
#43killerdestroyerPosted 12/14/2013 12:39:51 PM
No.

One one had you've got the games that design around the micro-transactions and purposefully make the game a boring, tedious as hell grindfest to encourage or outright force players to pay money to get around them instead of making a game fair and fun to play normally. (This is normally the case with Microtransactions, an unbalanced mess of a game.)

On the other hand, you've got a game that gives you the option to pay your way through a game but is entirely possible to do normally, and if you're paying your way through a game because you don't have time to actually play it, why the hell are you gaming? Why keep doing a hobby you obviously don't have the time to do anymore and waste money on it? Or why not just spend any free time you do have actually playing the game. It'll take longer but you're actually playing it, like you're supposed to be. If you can't do that, then maybe you shouldn't be playing games anymore and use that money for more important things or less time consuming hobbies.

Now if it's multiplayer and the money people are paying towards things actually go into new content for everyone, as long as the stuff people are paying money for doesn't affect the balance of the game, then sure, in THIS situation, it's fine. But that's really about it.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/theRMshow
Clannad- A show that will make you cry no matter who you are.
#44stargazer1981Posted 12/14/2013 12:41:03 PM
I mean, it's obvious this is a stupid troll thread, but to ask a serious question about micro-transactions: I understand having to grind in JRPGs and ARPGS (like Diablo) in order to get the best equipment and weapons, but why should I have to grind in a sports game? Or a racing game to get the best experience?

If they were free-to-play, sure, I get that. But manufacturing a long grind, in a $60 game, for no other reason than to promote the easy pay-to-win option just comes off greedy to me.

Oh well, I can't believe I actually supplied a serious answer in this idiotic topic.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#45Binba442Posted 12/14/2013 12:41:58 PM
Dlc=/=micro transactions
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#46huyiPosted 12/14/2013 1:10:30 PM
sintrial09 posted...
DEATH to MICRO-TRANSACTION.

nothing more to say really.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#47BigBOOtoYOU2Posted 12/14/2013 1:12:17 PM
Coordinates posted...
I enjoy micro-transactions.

Obvious Troll Post.

Reported.
#48SetzeraPosted 12/14/2013 1:18:09 PM
My biggest issue with microtransactions isn't the fact people can buy their way through the game, it's when the line becomes blurred, and people who don't pay are actually going to grind longer and harder than they would if the game had no microtransactions at all.

Very fine line, and once crossed, gonna have a bad time.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#49themystPosted 12/14/2013 1:45:22 PM
My issue with DLC isn't add-on packs/levels, it's the fact SOME games had their progression designed with pay walls, not as an afterthought.

e.g. MLB The Show 13 had some DLC for additional stadiums, although it's a bit of a money grab, it doesn't hinder the game in any way. Now, if they started making you pay to unlock a 9-inning game, that would piss a lot of us off.
#50darthfrothPosted 12/14/2013 2:04:03 PM
Lol. Made me laugh tc. I don't think anyone else got the joke.