Anyone else unplug their system and turn their kinect to the wall?

#21SorbetowulfPosted 12/14/2013 11:42:02 AM
Akuryu posted...

Does it really matter if Microsoft wanted to do it or not? They did it. It happened, and there is no guarantee it won't continue to happen. I don't care if it was a court order, or if the government offered them all free hookers and coke. The end result to me is the same.

We have article after article about backdoors being written into Microsoft products. This occurred at the same time kinect and Xbox One were being developed. To label anyone who is concerned about this as "tinfoil hat wearing" is ignorant, and to borrow from the poster I originally quoted, stupid.

Of course there's no guarantees that it won't continue to happen. Which is why Microsoft, in the last couple of weeks, has come out publicly and said they want the government's hands out of their pie.

But the thing is, Microsoft has done far more in an effort to publicly protect their consumers than Sony has. Which makes me just laugh when Sony fanboys use the Kinect as a reason to say "MS is big bad." Not saying this applies to you specifically, but all one needs to do is look at MS policy guidelines and public statements and Sony's.

MS: We will release your personal information to the government when we are required by law to do so.

Sony: We will release your personal information to the government when we feel that disclosure is warranted. Not even when we're required to, but rather, when we feel it's necessary.

It's like... what? This all takes less than ten minutes to read.

As far as backdoors being written into Microsoft products, every software developer has backdoor programming. It's why Sony's PSN was hacked and millions of their consumers names and credit card information was absconded with. Microsoft's backdoor programming was revealed because the NSA couldn't access it themselves, so they had to go to extraordinary lengths to get Microsoft to cough up the goods. And why Microsoft has publicy said since that they want no part of this practice.

I'm not saying that Microsoft's hands are clean in this. But to say that this is a MS only problem is just stupid. Every provider of online social services is complicit, and most have even more invasive privacy policies than MS does, and, further, have said less about them publicly to clarify than MS.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#22crucialPosted 12/14/2013 12:22:04 PM
No worrys here,I just put all my IEDs in the garage instead of having them in my living room,oh and I shaved my beard and got rid of my turbin.
#23pblimp360Posted 12/14/2013 12:22:58 PM
bessy67 posted...
I better hurry up and get some tinfoil before you buy it all up.

XD
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#24Killah PriestPosted 12/15/2013 10:13:42 AM
They knowingly send you 2 for free or you unjustly enriched yourself on their error?

Knowingly, I got an email to call for a free one and did so (had forza 5 in the picture) Then after that I got ANOTHER email saying LAST CHANCE FOR A FREE CONSOLE (no forza 5 in the picture) so I called again and asked why I got ANOTHER email and they send me another xbox one.

Probably an error but I don't think I unjustly enriched myself on an error, I'm going to call them when I actually get the second one to make sure it wasn't a mistake, if so I return it and keep just the one.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#25krystylaPosted 12/15/2013 10:16:37 AM
Killah Priest posted...
They knowingly send you 2 for free or you unjustly enriched yourself on their error?

Knowingly, I got an email to call for a free one and did so (had forza 5 in the picture) Then after that I got ANOTHER email saying LAST CHANCE FOR A FREE CONSOLE (no forza 5 in the picture) so I called again and asked why I got ANOTHER email and they send me another xbox one.

Probably an error but I don't think I unjustly enriched myself on an error, I'm going to call them when I actually get the second one to make sure it wasn't a mistake, if so I return it and keep just the one.

As long as you inform them all is good, sometimes the audacity of people enriching themselves at the error of companies is hard to believe
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#26leatheljPosted 12/15/2013 11:04:59 AM
Sorbetowulf posted...
Akuryu posted...

Does it really matter if Microsoft wanted to do it or not? They did it. It happened, and there is no guarantee it won't continue to happen. I don't care if it was a court order, or if the government offered them all free hookers and coke. The end result to me is the same.

We have article after article about backdoors being written into Microsoft products. This occurred at the same time kinect and Xbox One were being developed. To label anyone who is concerned about this as "tinfoil hat wearing" is ignorant, and to borrow from the poster I originally quoted, stupid.

Of course there's no guarantees that it won't continue to happen. Which is why Microsoft, in the last couple of weeks, has come out publicly and said they want the government's hands out of their pie.

But the thing is, Microsoft has done far more in an effort to publicly protect their consumers than Sony has. Which makes me just laugh when Sony fanboys use the Kinect as a reason to say "MS is big bad." Not saying this applies to you specifically, but all one needs to do is look at MS policy guidelines and public statements and Sony's.

MS: We will release your personal information to the government when we are required by law to do so.

Sony: We will release your personal information to the government when we feel that disclosure is warranted. Not even when we're required to, but rather, when we feel it's necessary.

It's like... what? This all takes less than ten minutes to read.

As far as backdoors being written into Microsoft products, every software developer has backdoor programming. It's why Sony's PSN was hacked and millions of their consumers names and credit card information was absconded with. Microsoft's backdoor programming was revealed because the NSA couldn't access it themselves, so they had to go to extraordinary lengths to get Microsoft to cough up the goods. And why Microsoft has publicy said since that they want no part of this practice.

I'm not saying that Microsoft's hands are clean in this. But to say that this is a MS only problem is just stupid. Every provider of online social services is complicit, and most have even more invasive privacy policies than MS does, and, further, have said less about them publicly to clarify than MS.

Quoted for truth
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.