Why can't they make Xbox360 new digital contents on One marketplaces as well?

#1bloodlover4everPosted 12/14/2013 1:49:55 PM
Wouldn't be great if you can access all digital contents of Xbx360 on Xbox One? Seriously what's the issue?
#2DeimirPosted 12/14/2013 1:57:01 PM
It would cost money to port the games over to the new system. Since most games have already had their run on the previous console release, it's not cost-effective to bother with a direct port.
---
"3/20 = 3 * 2 / 10 = 0.6% for people who are bad math." -fan360
#3bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 2:42:24 PM
Deimir posted...
It would cost money to port the games over to the new system. Since most games have already had their run on the previous console release, it's not cost-effective to bother with a direct port.

Dude I am talking about the digital games only, I understand that CD format issue between the two console and so on but here we are talking about digital contents!
#4Shaolin015Posted 12/14/2013 3:03:17 PM
bloodlover4ever posted...
Deimir posted...

Dude I am talking about the digital games only, I understand that CD format issue between the two console and so on but here we are talking about digital contents!

Please do yourself a favor. Think about what you just said. A digital file exists on that cd. What's the difference of the CPU playing a digital file from a spinning magnetic disc (a hard drive) and a spinning plastic disc (the cd/DVD) no difference at all. The problem with backwards compatibility is file formatting and coding.
#5aheroafakePosted 12/14/2013 5:38:08 PM
You both should think about what you guys have said. Xbox 360 games are on DVDs, not CDs.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |
#6krystylaPosted 12/14/2013 5:52:15 PM
aheroafake posted...
You both should think about what you guys have said. Xbox 360 games are on DVDs, not CDs.

They are actually on dual layer dvds
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B