Honestly....who's got both and which do you prefer?

#1SycoticPosted 12/15/2013 8:44:14 AM
I know I'm asking for trouble with this topic, but I actually found a PS4 today and the past 8 years I have been all about the 360, however I am intrigued with the PS4. So I have both, but I'm only keeping one.
---
Xbox: Get Psycho
#2Suppa UglyPosted 12/15/2013 9:03:34 AM
I have both. My gt:Darudeboy and my psn:Darudeboy26.

With that being said I really like my Xb1 more right now. I have Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct and I play the hell out of those. For PS4, I have Resogun, Assasin's Creed 4, Need For Speed Rivals, Kill Zone Shadow Fall, Warframe, and Blacklight Retribution.

I also have a Vita and I'm in love with the Remote play feature. On top of that I have PS+ membership so I got Contrast, Resogun, Blacklight and Warframe free. So I will say that PS4 seems to offer better value right now strictly gaming wise. But I'm going to be honest with you, Contrast, Resogun, BL and Warframe feel like mobile game experiences to me. Resogun is like Geometry Wars back when the 360 first launched. IT's a beautiful game but not worth purchasing a $400 system for. And I just feel bad for the Kill Zone guys. They try their hardest to make an amazing shooter. While graphically its gorgeous, the game is over all a super "meh" experience. It's like this bizarre middle ground between Halo and COD. But the multiplayer is a bit better. Still really "meh" though.

As far as how they match up on system performance, the PS4 is less irritating. The PS4 UI is clean and really really fast, but just like XB1, you can't quickly see what trophy you just earned. Yes, this is a minor thing, yes it still irritates the hell out of me.

The XB1 will frustrate the hell out of you when the voice commands dont work. The problem is magnified because when the voice commands DO work, it's a beautiful thing. It's almost instantaneous when it works and I still get a little feeling of joy having an app snapped while I'm gaming. Don't listen to these game publications that tell you this is just a gimmick. I am willing to bet PS4 will gain this feature down the road.
---
They'll make PSN even free-er.DeadCell222 on possible PS3 price drop
#3KolanifvPosted 12/15/2013 9:05:49 AM
Suppa Ugly posted...
The PS4 UI is clean and really really fast, but just like XB1, you can't quickly see what trophy you just earned.

PS button, press up to go to notifications, your last trophy will be there.
#4Sycotic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 9:09:27 AM
Suppa Ugly posted...
I have both. My gt:Darudeboy and my psn:Darudeboy26.

With that being said I really like my Xb1 more right now. I have Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct and I play the hell out of those. For PS4, I have Resogun, Assasin's Creed 4, Need For Speed Rivals, Kill Zone Shadow Fall, Warframe, and Blacklight Retribution.

I also have a Vita and I'm in love with the Remote play feature. On top of that I have PS+ membership so I got Contrast, Resogun, Blacklight and Warframe free. So I will say that PS4 seems to offer better value right now strictly gaming wise. But I'm going to be honest with you, Contrast, Resogun, BL and Warframe feel like mobile game experiences to me. Resogun is like Geometry Wars back when the 360 first launched. IT's a beautiful game but not worth purchasing a $400 system for. And I just feel bad for the Kill Zone guys. They try their hardest to make an amazing shooter. While graphically its gorgeous, the game is over all a super "meh" experience. It's like this bizarre middle ground between Halo and COD. But the multiplayer is a bit better. Still really "meh" though.

As far as how they match up on system performance, the PS4 is less irritating. The PS4 UI is clean and really really fast, but just like XB1, you can't quickly see what trophy you just earned. Yes, this is a minor thing, yes it still irritates the hell out of me.

The XB1 will frustrate the hell out of you when the voice commands dont work. The problem is magnified because when the voice commands DO work, it's a beautiful thing. It's almost instantaneous when it works and I still get a little feeling of joy having an app snapped while I'm gaming. Don't listen to these game publications that tell you this is just a gimmick. I am willing to bet PS4 will gain this feature down the road.

Thank you, much better response than I got on the other board lol. But like I said I knew I was asking for trouble making topics like this. Anyone else?
---
#5Foxx3kPosted 12/15/2013 9:15:01 AM
I have a Ps4 and an Xbox One.

I much prefer the Ps4 in general because it's UI is responsive, messages are stored as a conversation, and it's easy to find what I want to do. As well, I find the Dual Shock 4 superior.

However, I play my Xbox One more because Ghosts has a better distribution of Dedicated Servers / Listen Servers on Xbox One's Xbox Live and because it has more games that I want to play. The Xbox One UI is a cluttered mess and loading apps takes forever, if it doesn't time out entirely as Upload Studio tends to do. However, I think Upload Studio is superior to PS4's sharing options.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6Sycotic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 9:19:16 AM
The two major things keeping me on xbox side is Live and keeping my gamer tag without basically starting from scratch on another system.
---
#7gohoanqPosted 12/15/2013 9:24:50 AM
I had the PS4 from launch and got the Xbox just under a week ago.. I'd say right now aside from things like the friends being a total after thought on the Xbox, I prefer it more.. just feels like a more complete experience when compared to the PS4. I understand though that both will grow and get better with time which is what I'm waiting for to 100% declare that I like one over the other lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#8Suppa UglyPosted 12/16/2013 7:19:54 AM
Kolanifv posted...
Suppa Ugly posted...
The PS4 UI is clean and really really fast, but just like XB1, you can't quickly see what trophy you just earned.

PS button, press up to go to notifications, your last trophy will be there.

I mean the description. In the 360, if you hit the guide button while the notification is on screen, the description pops up. Neither ps4 or xb1 do this. Again, it is only a minor inconvenience but it kinda annoys me asi as I enjoy getting trophies/achievements.
---
They'll make PSN even free-er.DeadCell222 on possible PS3 price drop
#9Special-EddPosted 12/16/2013 7:25:50 AM
I bought both systems at launch and right now I prefer the Xbox One. Really it comes down to the fact that I've got more friends playing on XBL than PSN and I enjoy the exclusives that XB1 are bringing to the table. Resogun, and Killzone are both pretty good titles but I beat Killzone and Resogun is fun in short sessions. I'm pretty excited for Infamous: Second Son but we still have a bit of a wait for it.

Dead Rising 3, Peggle 2, and Killer Instinct have given me more enjoyment than anything else so far. I know Peggle 2 is a timed exclusive but as of now I can only play it on the XB1 so that's what I bought it for. I haven't really played much Ryse yet but that is just because I got invested in AC4 and DR3 which are both excellent.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#10mcnichojPosted 12/16/2013 7:37:04 AM
Suppa Ugly posted...
With that being said I really like my Xb1 more right now. I have Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct and I play the hell out of those.
So much this.
When I buy a game console I buy it for the games and while I did enjoy Killzone and Knack I'm just enjoying the other two mentioned so much more.

However if I were to go into specifics, the TV apps on the X1 are great.
The ability to follow people of interest is cool too.
While the ability to edit recorded clips is cool, it only lets you record so much compared to PS4 which lets you get 15 minutes worth.
PS4 OS is such a vast improvement over the PS3 one, which makes me like it even more than I probably should.
The new Dual Shock required serious getting used to while the X1 controller required very little effort.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.