Console manufacturers marketing "directly" on message boards?

#21archibald3Posted 12/15/2013 1:50:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22archibald3Posted 12/15/2013 1:51:30 PM
archibald3 posted...
You know i posted this in another thread but its applicable to this same reasoning that keeps coming up. This is the oldest tiredest excuse on here and to believe it you really have to either be one of these trolls or have your head buried deeply in the sand.

This board has been inundated since launch with Sony trolls/fanboys and general haters posting RELENTLESSLY and OBSESSIVELY every negative thing they can dredge up on the internet to attack the Xbox One. Trolling anything that remotely resembles a positive post or a simple question from a new user in topic after topic , arguing the smallest of points for pages and pages ,bumping old negative topics, and posting all the positive they can get away with about the ps4 without getting modded.

This whole tactic of turning it back around on Xbox fans - who are on an Xbox board - is ludicrous at this point. Its circular reasoning and its complete bs. Fans and owners of the X1 have every right to start getting fed up, and they also have every right to go on the offensive when the stomping ground is the Xbox One board. It crossed the line long ago and you can`t have it both ways.

The other reality which this reasoning completely ignores is when an obvious troll who`s been attacking/trolling/posting for weeks on this board starts to be attacked in THEIR every post - all of a sudden they`re the victim and are supposed to have a clean slate every time they post ? No way man - boy who cried wolf syndrome times 10.

If i had a dime for every time a troll who`s been hacking away for weeks gets called out , then pulls out this logic "hey just because i don`t praise the Xbox all day long" ...I`m sorry if your a reasonable person with reasonable criticisms - its simply too late - and you didn`t do your part to try to stop this behavior - now this is the consequence.

I`ve seen too many of these supposed "moderates" right in the middle of a ridiculously obvious troll topic posting away with no awareness that they have become "part of the problem" and in many ways "accomplice" to the troll by virtue of not speaking out and in fact supporting the topic.
#23ILikesCheesePosted 12/15/2013 2:08:10 PM
Quoting yourself now? ^
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#24TwoNumbThumbsPosted 12/15/2013 2:08:44 PM
Bronze, Kingdoms of Amalur.

Its comedic, most of the time it's painfully obvious
---
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards
#25archibald3Posted 12/15/2013 2:49:15 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Quoting yourself now? ^

Was a mistake - deleted the actual post. It was in response to your rubbish though so feel free to ignore the content..
#26archibald3Posted 12/15/2013 2:54:19 PM(edited)
BigBOO2U posted...
Featherwind posted...
Do you think that the console manufacturers might be marketing directly on internet message boards?

Well, since both Microsoft and Sony have admitted to doing so, I am going to have to say "Yes"

Still waiting to your link on this particular lie which gets posted in some form or another almost every day on here...
#27MVNeoPosted 12/15/2013 3:18:35 PM
It's been quite obvious since 1999 that Sony spends a lot of effort on trying to discredit its competition and slander it everywhere they can.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#28Featherwind(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 7:56:55 PM
archibald3 posted...
archibald3 posted...
You know i posted this in another thread but its applicable to this same reasoning that keeps coming up. This is the oldest tiredest excuse on here and to believe it you really have to either be one of these trolls or have your head buried deeply in the sand.

This board has been inundated since launch with Sony trolls/fanboys and general haters posting RELENTLESSLY and OBSESSIVELY every negative thing they can dredge up on the internet to attack the Xbox One. Trolling anything that remotely resembles a positive post or a simple question from a new user in topic after topic , arguing the smallest of points for pages and pages ,bumping old negative topics, and posting all the positive they can get away with about the ps4 without getting modded.

This whole tactic of turning it back around on Xbox fans - who are on an Xbox board - is ludicrous at this point. Its circular reasoning and its complete bs. Fans and owners of the X1 have every right to start getting fed up, and they also have every right to go on the offensive when the stomping ground is the Xbox One board. It crossed the line long ago and you can`t have it both ways.

The other reality which this reasoning completely ignores is when an obvious troll who`s been attacking/trolling/posting for weeks on this board starts to be attacked in THEIR every post - all of a sudden they`re the victim and are supposed to have a clean slate every time they post ? No way man - boy who cried wolf syndrome times 10.

If i had a dime for every time a troll who`s been hacking away for weeks gets called out , then pulls out this logic "hey just because i don`t praise the Xbox all day long" ...I`m sorry if your a reasonable person with reasonable criticisms - its simply too late - and you didn`t do your part to try to stop this behavior - now this is the consequence.

I`ve seen too many of these supposed "moderates" right in the middle of a ridiculously obvious troll topic posting away with no awareness that they have become "part of the problem" and in many ways "accomplice" to the troll by virtue of not speaking out and in fact supporting the topic.

Why do you have to decide who is a troll and who is not? It's not your board - as long as the topics are relevant to Xbox One they can be posted and discussed. It's really tiring to see all the personal posts with nothing useful to contribute that are very common here. "Person X is a known troll!" etc. I don't see why it has to be made so personal. Even if you guess the intent of the original poster is to paint the Xbox One in a negative light you could just reply appropriately instead of trying to label people as trolls, fanboys and moderate/reasonable posters. Instead of trying to figure out what the intent of the user posting the content is you could just reply to the content. You could choose to not get trolled and you'll find the boards aren't that bad.
---
pathological
#29archibald3Posted 12/15/2013 8:36:38 PM
Sigh...its really tiring to me to see the kinds of posts i was refering to. My post was also in reply to ILikeCheeses post - so it was directly responding in an appropriate manner to what i perceive to be a common misconception touted ad nauseum on the boards. You do it your way - i`ll do it mine - is about the best i can do...
#30BigBOOtoYOU2Posted 12/16/2013 6:15:36 AM
archibald3 posted...
Sigh...its really tiring to me to see the kinds of posts i was refering to. My post was also in reply to ILikeCheeses post - so it was directly responding in an appropriate manner to what i perceive to be a common misconception touted ad nauseum on the boards. You do it your way - i`ll do it mine - is about the best i can do...

What I find tiring are people who start posts with the word "Sigh."

What I find bewildering are the human ostriches on this board who live with their heads in the sand and refuse to observe the world around them. Message Board Marketing has existed for several years now. Wakey-Wakey!