No picture after turning console back on - have to pull HDMI to get it working

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. No picture after turning console back on - have to pull HDMI to get it working
3 years ago#1
So the initial set up this morning seemed to go great. Just plug everything in and follow the prompts. Kinect, TV, everything was working fine.

However, I turned the Xbox off, and when I turned it back on there was no signal getting to my receiver (Pioneer VSX-823 if it matters). Everything was on, but I want getting any picture/sound. Finally, after unplugging the HDMI from the Xbox to the TV, then plugging it back in again, it worked.

But, if I turn it off it does the same thing all over again.

Any suggestions as to what might be the cause?

Thanks.
I come about my bicycle, you son of a *****!
3 years ago#2
I have that issue but I just switch to a different channel like my tv or the other hdmi one then switch back and it works , but remember you need to let the other channel fully kick in and then turn back
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975----------http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
3 years ago#3
I have it ruining through my receiver, and I have switched inputs but that doesn't seem to help.
3 years ago#4
Same issue here.
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
(message deleted)
3 years ago#6
I unplugged it from my monitor and plugged it back in and it worked.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
(message deleted)
3 years ago#8
Thanks everyone for the replies. Sounds like I'm not the only one with problems here. I should be fine as long as I leave the Xbox on but I really don't want to have to do that.
3 years ago#9
Killah Priest posted...
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/power-cycle-console

I think this is what they had me do.

Did this and it worked. Thanks!

Although I can see something like this COMPLETELY turning my wife off of the whole TV/Xbox thing.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. No picture after turning console back on - have to pull HDMI to get it working

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived