Audio receiver not showing up?

#1Gmoney-Posted 12/15/2013 1:40:34 PM
Yeah, it basically skips mine. I've got a sony STR-DH740..

What do I do? My receiver has 4 HDMI slots.. I use that to swap between devices so I figured I'd unplug the receiver HDMi that's in my TV and stick that in my Xbox... I then took the Xbox wire and plugged it into the TV.

So now if I turn it on in hearing the TV through it... Satellite I mean.... If I try swapping to my Apple TV or PS4 nothing happens.

Can the Xbox not handle this?
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#2Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 1:50:59 PM
And I see there was a surround sound beta switch I needed to hit. So disregard everyone.
---
#3Hucast9Posted 12/15/2013 1:51:01 PM
Your post worries me since I have a str-dh810. Are you sure that you connected the hdmi out from the Xbox One to whatever hdmi input on the home theater receiver, then from there to the hdmi input on the tv? It may be a problem if you connected the console's hdmi in to the receiver's hdmi in.
#4Killah PriestPosted 12/15/2013 1:55:00 PM
I used an old one that didn't even support HDMI (used optical) and it worked fine.

now I actually have it run through a digital to analog converter so I could use my old setup that still uses RCA.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 2:06:39 PM
Your post worries me since I have a str-dh810. Are you sure that you connected the hdmi out from the Xbox One to whatever hdmi input on the home theater receiver, then from there to the hdmi input on the tv? It may be a problem if you connected the console's hdmi in to the receiver's hdmi in.

Positive.

The surround sound is actually in beta you have to check it.

Turned the Xbox off and now it won't give picture when I turn it back on
---