ESO Vs Microsoft

#1leatheljPosted 12/15/2013 2:35:36 PM
So if you have not been living under a rock you may have heard about the elder scrolls online which is comeing to both xb1 and ps4. I am planing to get it on xb1 but there was a situation in which zenimax studios wanted to allow players who just wanted to play ESO pay 15 month without xbl gold or let gold members pay no additional fee other then buying the game. Now ESO has a launch date on xb1\360 what has this deal come to? do players have to buy the game buy gold and pay for 15$ month sub or has some other deal been made I could not find information about it. If any one has info about it please post.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#2aaron1111Posted 12/15/2013 2:39:27 PM
Well I mean take a look at Netflix and Hulu. And other services.

Microsoft still charges users to even access the apps.
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/15/2013 2:47:10 PM(edited)
aaron1111 posted...

This, enjoy paying $240 a year to play the game.

Edit: They shouldn't charge $15 a month for the game, that's so 2004 and MS shouldn't make people pay for gold if the service they're using requires an extra subscription.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#4leathelj(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 2:47:25 PM
aaron1111 posted...

This is not the same situation the Netflix argument has been beaten to death so not going to go there if I recall there are games on 360 where you can use a silver account to play online on some games with subscriptions
---
#5aaron1111Posted 12/15/2013 2:49:32 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aaron1111 posted...

Oh yes, it's very crooked of Microsoft to charge their base to access another company's services. If I where in Netflix or Hulu shoes I would have made a legal case about it.

But this is defiantly not the first time Microsoft has done fishy things. Microsoft Points where illegal in the first place being a non refundable currency. The issue lies with the Corporation have so many lawyers. That's really how they get away with their shenanigans.
#6aaron1111Posted 12/15/2013 2:54:16 PM(edited)
leathelj posted...
aaron1111 posted...

This is not the same situation the Netflix argument has been beaten to death so not going to go there if I recall there are games on 360 where you can use a silver account to play online on some games with subscriptions

It is a similar situation because You are charging people who already purchased Your product to go henceforth and pay more money for a Gold Membership and then pay for the required Service You want to use.

That is ludicrous. You have already payed Microsoft enough by buying the Console,Games, and Accessories.

This just isn't on Multiplayer or services either. They ALSO want to charge You to use the Forza Auction Houses or buy tuning setups. What kind of crap is that?
#7leathelj(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 2:53:31 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aaron1111 posted...

Edit: They shouldn't charge $15 a month for the game, that's so 2004 and MS shouldn't make people pay for gold if the service they're using requires an extra subscription.

Like I said any info\facts about this what you said could be true but we don't have any info on it. What i think and I know it most likely won't happen is give the game free for every one on Xbox and people would just have to play 15$ yes you would still need gold but you save 60$?
---
#8OverLordChaosPosted 12/15/2013 2:55:02 PM
Well your biggest mistake was getting an xbone knowing you were going to buy this game. Stick with PS4 or PC so you won't be nickel and dimed by M$.
#9aaron1111Posted 12/15/2013 2:56:37 PM
OverLordChaos posted...
Well your biggest mistake was getting an xbone knowing you were going to buy this game. Stick with PS4 or PC so you won't be nickel and dimed by M$.

Exactly, I only use My PC or PS4 to stream netflix. I'm not paying MS more money to use a service I already have...
#10ElPolloDiablo87Posted 12/15/2013 2:57:54 PM
lol, 9 posts in this topic and I can only see 3. So which ponies are screaming about TEH PAYWALLZ!!!!! this time?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA