ESO Vs Microsoft

#41CaIiber345Posted 12/15/2013 4:26:52 PM
aaron1111 posted...
@ Bessy.

You don't have to be a lawyer to know that. A lot of people know that. And I used legality in one post so far.

Second. What You just stated is probably one of the most moronic things I have read today. First of all, when You purchase PC hardware You are paying for ownership of the Equipment, Software etc... That's like saying buying gas is just another pay wall to power Your Car's Pistons. Product =/= Blind charge access.

When You purchase Internet service You are paying an ISP to provide You access to a degree of MBs that You desire. On top of that it's for maintenance of the servers. It would cost You a lot more money to host a Server Yourself rather then paying for a company to give You access, So don't even bring up ISPs.

Microsoft is literally charging You to access an app that You already pay for. Gold should be required for online multiplayer and Live servers. And the funding shows, MS defiantly has superior servers to Sony. But when You use Netflix You are using *their* servers which You pay to access already. There is literally no reason in shoving in the other companies services behind a Premium Membership.

I know of no other system that does this.

I can't believe that I'm going to agree with bessy.

But seriously... You're arguing your personal opinions about consumer value and business ethics as if they are law. That's what open markets and capitalism in general are all about. Should you get free gas for life because you bought a car? Maybe. But that's not how it works. If you feel the service is wrong and doesn't offer the value that you want, then shop around for a better alternative.

I don't like to think of paywalls as much as the next person. But I'm not going to say its wrong just because I don't like it. It's business and it sucks and it exists in plenty of other places in this brave new digital world. Just don't argue against it with opinions and act like those are proof that your belief is universally correct. That's all I'm saying.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
"They spoke low and never called or sang, for danger brooded in every rock." The Hobbit J.R.R. Tolkien
#42nickr2d2Posted 12/15/2013 4:27:51 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
lol, 9 posts in this topic and I can only see 3. So which ponies are screaming about TEH PAYWALLZ!!!!! this time?

All of em.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#43ejay8320Posted 12/15/2013 6:26:09 PM
bessy67 posted...

Can you sue auto makers because you have to buy gas to get them to run?

Again... your paying for the ownership of the car, you physically own the object. If the object needs fuel it's up to you to provide it. Gas to a car is electricity to electronics(Xbox one in this case) + Insurance to a car is like the Internet for the Xbox One.

What MS is doing is more akin to making you pay to enter the gas station on top of paying for the gas.
#44ImThe8thWonderPosted 12/15/2013 6:28:47 PM
ejay8320 posted...
bessy67 posted...

Can you sue auto makers because you have to buy gas to get them to run?

Again... your paying for the ownership of the car, you physically own the object. If the object needs fuel it's up to you to provide it. Gas to a car is electricity to electronics(Xbox one in this case) + Insurance to a car is like the Internet for the Xbox One.

What MS is doing is more akin to making you pay to enter the gas station on top of paying for the gas.

He's got a point^
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
#45TheApd_ReturnsPosted 12/15/2013 6:36:58 PM
ESO is bad. The beta proved it. It makes the setting uninteresting by being a barebones themepark structure,and the gameplay (combat) is a terrible mixture of WoW, GW2, and Skyrin. And before you start crying about 'just a beta', please show me one game that noticeably changed since beta, esp with only 3 months left until gold.

I'm saying this as someone who is primarily PC. Some games are worth $240 a year, such as Eve as they do bring content for free constantly, but at this point its obvious ESO is a minimum effort cash grab.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#46sexbonePosted 12/15/2013 6:50:48 PM
ms profits millions from xbl n won't stop, so if you wanna play eso pay or quit ^ ^
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.
#47SubSeenixPosted 12/15/2013 6:57:30 PM
I played the Beta and have over 20 years MMORPG Experience

This game is one of the worst MMOs i ever played.
The game is getting released in April on PC - There is no way they can fix the game in those few months.For MMOs you need a lot more time.
This game comes completely broken and far from what it could and should be compared to the big name the ES Franchise has.

If you are smart you don't do anything like "15 month membership" or what ever Microsoft is offering there.Get Gold to play your regular games and pay month by month.Probably 1 month max before the biggest Beginner is realizing this game is garbage.
Right now the only question is > When will this game go F2P...At the end of 2014 or beginning 2015
It will be F2P after it failed - It is just a matter of time.
#48bob15xPosted 12/15/2013 7:15:24 PM
Final fantasy 11 on 360 is subscription based. Does not require gold.

topic over.
#49KolanifvPosted 12/15/2013 7:30:49 PM
cpcjlc3 posted...
OverLordChaos posted...
Since FF14 will not need ps+ neither will ESO.

http://n4g.com/news/1412357/final-fantasy-xivs-ps4-version-will-not-require-playstation-plus-to-play

Article says otherwise about ES:O

http://www.examiner.com/article/elder-scrolls-online-requires-subscription-fee-gold-and-ps-plus-membership

So where do you get your info that it doesn't require PS+?

You do realize Examiner.com is the Wikipedia of news sources, which is why you should never cite them, right? Anyone can post anything you want. As for the other question, yes, you can use Netflix and Amazon Prime when PSN is down, as their setup doesn't require you to login and make an online service check before launching the app.
#50leathelj(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 8:29:33 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
ESO is bad. The beta proved it. It makes the setting uninteresting by being a barebones themepark structure,and the gameplay (combat) is a terrible mixture of WoW, GW2, and Skyrin. And before you start crying about 'just a beta', please show me one game that noticeably changed since beta, esp with only 3 months left until gold.

I'm saying this as someone who is primarily PC. Some games are worth $240 a year, such as Eve as they do bring content for free constantly, but at this point its obvious ESO is a minimum effort cash grab.

Dry but i have been following this game for awhile no I didn't get to play the beta you say you have with no proff so I will take what you said with grain of salt either way I'm playing this game I choose and think for myself.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.