How is your Xbox One? Impressions. Are you happy with it? Regrets?

#1john11ver44Posted 12/15/2013 8:19:27 PM
Just wondering how you like your Xbox One? Impressions. Your opinion on the Kinect. Regrets for buying it? Do you sort of wish you picked up a PS4? I'm not a troll, just want to know if this crossed your mind. I'm undecided on either xbox or ps4. Everyday it changes with me. This website doesn't help. Going into game stores doesn't help as well. So much feedback and opinions on either system. The good news - both machines are selling out. What kind of games do I like? Fallout, Skryim, COD, love Halo 4. Love xbox live. Was totally happy with xbox 360, but I never had a playstation in my life.
#2EnvoyofunoIIPosted 12/15/2013 8:23:08 PM
I really regret buying it simply because now I have to share board space with all of these trolls who can't afford an XBO so they act like their PS4 is better. Lying, saying it has better specs, games, exclusives, a company that doesn't spy on you.

All total bs.

They'e just mad that they won't get to play Halo 5 after The Last Guardian was postponed again

xD

it's like DMC, FF, MGS, etc. all coming to XB again.

the deeeeeniaaaal
---
Pokemon Y 3DS Friend Code: 3196-3840-9285
#3Foxx3kPosted 12/15/2013 8:23:57 PM
The UI is awful and the Kinect barely functions.

I like the Game DVR a lot because of the ability to record the past 30 seconds. I think that's neat. Actually, I like it better than the the Ps4 recording the past 15 minutes. 30 seconds is right to capture a moment.

The controller is OK.

The games are fun. I enjoyed Ryse. Dead Rising 3 doesn't hold my interest. I haven't opened Forza. I'm terrible at Killer Instinct. Ghosts on Xbox One is the only platform that actually "has" Dedicated Servers, not that it does all that much to fix the game.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4Pcmonster87Posted 12/15/2013 8:28:15 PM
Foxx3k posted...

I like the Game DVR a lot because of the ability to record the past 30 seconds. I think that's neat. Actually, I like it better than the the Ps4 recording the past 15 minutes. 30 seconds is right to capture a moment.

The controller is OK.

The games are fun. I enjoyed Ryse. Dead Rising 3 doesn't hold my interest. I haven't opened Forza. I'm terrible at Killer Instinct. Ghosts on Xbox One is the only platform that actually "has" Dedicated Servers, not that it does all that much to fix the game.

The UI is miles ahead of what Sony has to offer. My Kinect functions very close to 100% of the time. The controller is the best one right now. Period. Most reviewers agree they won that battle again this gen. BF4 has dedicated servers as well.
---
Verizon Wireless Employee, Android developer/tech support
If it's a smartphone... I use it, but not if it's an iPhone.
#5GambitbuzzkillPosted 12/15/2013 8:30:16 PM
I love this system a lot but they do need to work on the UI to make it even better and the im a big fan of the controller feels as good the 360 controller if not better.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#6EnvoyofunoIIPosted 12/15/2013 8:31:09 PM
Foxx3k posted...

The controller is OK.

lmfao yeah right kid

why don't you learn how to use the ui and kinect before talking ****

you probably don't even own an xbox you troll

especially not a hard earned one with your money like myself
---
Pokemon Y 3DS Friend Code: 3196-3840-9285
#7RebelGameMasterPosted 12/15/2013 8:34:56 PM
Foxx3k posted...

The controller is OK.

You do understand that despite being a habitual XBone defender, your fellow XBone supporters will turn their backs on you from here on out. Just for being honest about the UI.

You are officially the Chris Christie of the XBone boards now.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#8krillin4553Posted 12/15/2013 8:35:19 PM
I enjoy it. I've had some issues with the Kinect. Occasionally it doesn't sign-in when we're in front of it. For instance, we're watching Home Alone on blu-ray. It signed my girlfriend in before the parents left and it still hasn't seen me. :P It doesn't happen very often though.

At one point the UI got fairly sluggish but I turned off instant game resume, which is beta anyway, and then it ran pretty smooth. With the most recent update, even with it on, it runs great.

Other than that. Pretty happy. The games are fun, the interface is great, Upload Studio is awesome. It's a great successor to the 360. Even going back to the 360 controller just feels weird now. It's still a fantastic controller but I really do like the smaller size of the One controller. It feels right. Granted, the guide button location is questionable on the One.

Overall. Thumbs up. It's awesome. Let the next gen reign! I'm stoked to get my PS4 and games are FINALLY coming to the Wii U. Super Mario 3D Land looks brilliant and I'm hoping to get the money for it soon. As well as SSB and Mario Kart next Spring. Something awesome is on everything. :D
---
XBL/PSN: DocDrazen
PC: i7-3770k at 4.6 ghz, Corsair H60, Intel 180 GB SSD, GTX 550 Ti, GTX 260 for PhysX, 16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws
#9MachineGunNunPosted 12/15/2013 8:40:00 PM
Love my Xbox one. Games look great system runs great.

TV integration is real cool. App snapping and multi tasking on my console is a great convnience.

Glad I didn't get ps4.
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#10segamaster316Posted 12/15/2013 8:44:41 PM(edited)
I own both the Xbox One and PS4 and I regret neither purchase overall.

I will tell you that with both systems, the games are starting to get a little stale.

With the Xbox One, I like the system but Kinect is garbage. It did not properly control my tv so I actually disconnected it. It would make my tv freeze every few seconds. Also when I would tell it to change channels, it would fail at actually putting in the channel number eventhough I know it heard me because you can see what it hears in the upper right corner of the screen. I haven't hooked the Kinect back to my tv since the recent update so I don't know if that's any different now.

Having to install every game is really bad on the Xbox One because it takes way too long and you have no way at this point to tell what percentage of your hard drive you have used. My favorite game is Killer Instinct followed by Forza 5 which I'm waiting on to be fixed at this moment...economy in the game is terrible. I also own Ryse, COD Ghosts, and Dead Rising 3. Dead Rising and Ryse have yet to hold my attention long enough for me to have put many hours into them as of yet.

You are asking on the Xbox One board but I know you also want to know about the PS4. Just as a gaming system, I feel the PS4 is superior as it seems easier to access than the Xbox One and there's a lot less going on when you turn the console on than the Xbox One. In my opinion the multiplatform games are better on the PS4 than the Xbox One.

I own Need for Speed Rivals, NBA 2K14, AC:Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Madden 25, and Killzone for the PS4. I actually switched out Madden on the Xbox One and picked it up for the PS4 and I can tell you from personal experience, it's a much better game on the PS4.

Once I got over the fear of the PS4 breaking because of all the different colored lights it displays, I think I like it just a bit more as a console but I like the Xbox One more as an overall entertainment device.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!