How is your Xbox One? Impressions. Are you happy with it? Regrets?

#21mike468Posted 12/15/2013 11:18:57 PM
I have mixed feelings, but for the most part I'm enjoying it. The games I have and are looking forward to are great. Some of the new, ambitious ideas such as voice controls and game DVR are cool.

What I'm not crazy about is how unrefined a lot of things are, the ui, party system, lack of system utilities: hard disk drive management, controller battery indicator, lack of 3rd party peripheral support. I know the 360 had 8 years and the ui was really refined, but this just seems lacking, even compared to the 360's launch. The system is essentially running a stripped down version of Windows 8, there is no reason the 360 version of fight pads/sticks and controllers shouldn't be supported. Same with headsets. There was no reason to go and make a proprietary connector on the controller, just sell an adapter.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#22teehee23Posted 12/15/2013 11:23:21 PM
We couldn't be more pleased with Xbox #1.
Very happy. No regrets and it feels silly to even have to consider that question.
The future of gaming is Xbox #1.
Microsoft is the heart and soul of true hardcore oldschool gaming and the exclusives for Xbox #1 is what gaming is all about.
Must play Xbox #1 every day in order to truly enjoy life.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#23motoraptorPosted 12/15/2013 11:23:46 PM
A few common issues (party chat, UI tweaks) that have been already covered but the biggest thing right now is no games. I have Forza which is pretty fun but I can only play a racing sim for so long. I also have CoD and BF4, and I absolutely despise both now. I can't wait for Titanfall and MGS:GZ among many other titles, but those two in March are the next ones I'm picking up.

I'm a little disappointed that my favorite sport, hockey, didn't make the cut to next-gen lol. I understand it doesn't have the same market as the other Big Four sports but I'm bummed out nonetheless. My One would see a lot more playtime if NHL 14 was on it.

I don't regret buying it, but in retrospect I could have waited for more games to come out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#24Merc123Posted 12/16/2013 12:29:18 AM
I have both a PS4 and XB1. Got a PS4 (love it) at launch and wasn't planning on getting an XB1 but found them on Black Friday and i ended up getting one.

So far i am really enjoying the XB1. Kinect is actually pretty cool and i love the voice commands. I just had surgery and had to go to the ER so recovering at home using the voice controls to watch Amazon Instant video has been great. I only have Dead Rising 3 so far but its really fun too. I also love seeing all my friends and having my same gamertag. I do like the snap feature alot and the game DVR is pretty cool, though i would like more than 5 minutes and Facebook uploads instead of Skydrive.

Only a few things bother me. The UI is pretty good but i prefer the PS4 UI. I also think while good the controller isnt as good as the DS4, except XB1 has better battery life. I would like an option to eject the disc via controller since i always do that on PS4. I hate that you can't check the battery level on your controller. The controller coming with batteries was pretty crappy. The last thing is the headset, mine doesn't work and i know some other people with busted headsets. At least Kinect works well enough for voice chatting.

Overall i think its a nice system with a few flaws but nothing huge. Can't wait to see what MS does with the system. I think its a nice addition to the Xbox family.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#252ndAtomiskPosted 12/16/2013 1:09:19 AM(edited)
The only thing I don't like is how they made everything an "app". It takes much longer than it did on 360 to do things like check achievements or messages.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

velvet_hammer posted...
lol at the guy justifying 30 seconds is better then 15 minutes of capturing.. holy f*** me people are so blind.

Read his post again. He said recording 30 seconds is better for capturing the moment, not for just capturing normal footage. I'm not sure how it works on PS4, but if you just want a specific moment then watching/editing/uploading 30 seconds of video is much simpler than doing it for 15 minutes of footage.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#26TheApd_ReturnsPosted 12/16/2013 1:18:40 AM
I enjoy the games on it. DR3 is a good B game with a decent amount of content, KI's only major fault is amount of characters but is otherwise a competent fighting game, and Ryse gets significantly better if you play on harder diff or mulitplayer (my biggest complaint arent the executions, but rather variety of enemies).

I appreciate the Kinect, but honestly, they could've just cut out the video aspect and implemented voice commands into the controller. The video portion is something I will frankly never use (outside of Skype) and I probably wont pick up any movement games as much as I liked Dance Central.

The UI is hit and miss. As said, voice commands are great and responsive. However, standardizing everything into an app is kind of silly. Friends list? Come on...

I feel that the Snap functionality is borderline useless, but that's just me speaking. I would never want to watch TV for the 20-30 seconds it takes for something to load, much less garbling with the game audio. Skype snap is stupid because I'm not going to keep playing my game if someone calls me. Snapping something impacts performance and causes you to lose 20% of the screen. etc etc etc, it just feels like the practicality of it all is limited by what people honestly would multitask.

Overall, I dont regret the purchase, but I wont use all of the features.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#27Gigant0pithecusPosted 12/16/2013 1:34:50 AM
2ndAtomisk posted...
The only thing I don't like is how they made everything an "app". It takes much longer than it did on 360 to do things like check achievements or messages.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

velvet_hammer posted...
lol at the guy justifying 30 seconds is better then 15 minutes of capturing.. holy f*** me people are so blind.

Read his post again. He said recording 30 seconds is better for capturing the moment, not for just capturing normal footage. I'm not sure how it works on PS4, but if you just want a specific moment then watching/editing/uploading 30 seconds of video is much simpler than doing it for 15 minutes of footage.

On PS4, aside from hitting share to save/upload your last 15 minutes of gameplay, you can also double tap (at least I think that's how, it's sort of tricky) the share button to start recording something at that moment, then tap it again to stop and save/upload. Which allows you to select pretty much the exact amount of footage you want. That is if you want an under 15 minute-clip, anyway.

But I do agree that if you're just randomly having a good time and something unexpected or cool happens, having the last 30 seconds already saved is more convenient for 'capturing the moment' than fastforwarding through 15 minutes of footage.

My Xbox One hasn't arrived yet so I haven't had the chance to mess around with it but I'm just glad the new consoles can do things like this finally right out of the box.
---
XBL: Gigantopithecus
PSN: SugarPussPulled