What if Forza charged $50 just for ONE car, like free-to-play Angry Birds Go?

#1TerraUniversePosted 12/15/2013 9:24:23 PM
In Angry Birds Go, which is a free-to-play racing game, you can buy carts for $50.

Plus power-ups for $7.

Lots of purchases.
#2SythisTaruPosted 12/15/2013 9:31:40 PM
No way.
#31nternationa7Posted 12/15/2013 9:32:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this became the future model.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#4leatheljPosted 12/15/2013 9:43:34 PM
It amazes me how people will just make up stuff to bring hate in towards devs. Its also amazing how little faith you gamers have in devs. Man that guy was right make one tiny change or mistake and the world will leap on you and judge you very very unfairly judge you. Man this defiantly the self entitled generation.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#51nternationa7Posted 12/15/2013 9:51:26 PM
leathelj posted...
It amazes me how people will just make up stuff to bring hate in towards devs. Its also amazing how little faith you gamers have in devs. Man that guy was right make one tiny change or mistake and the world will leap on you and judge you very very unfairly judge you. Man this defiantly the self entitled generation.

Forza 5 is like half the size of Forza 4, filled with microtransactions, and its a grindfest. Hardly sounds like a "tiny change" or "mistake".
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#6Omega_BlackPosted 12/15/2013 9:52:38 PM
leathelj posted...
Please look up the term "corporate shill" and recognize that you are one. Thank you. =)
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#7TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 9:53:41 PM
leathelj posted...

Actually, I was tryng to bring attention to Angry Birds Go and not so much Forza 5.

I mean Forza 5 looks great and has enough races. I'm not sure how it compares with the older Forza games.
#8TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 9:56:44 PM
leathelj posted...

Maybe they shouldn't have had so many microtransactions on day one. Maybe that's what it is. I mean the other Forza games had lots of DLC as well. Even Forza 2, I think.

Forza has always had DLC, so I guess it's not that bad.
#9knightimexPosted 12/16/2013 6:43:41 AM
No one in their right mind will pay $10, let alone $50+ for some stupid ass, stupid over priced dlc that's minor.

$50+ for a car is beyond dumb.
$50 for lots of cars, + new maps would be ok.
But even then, $50 is still way too much.

Expect this to disappear quickly.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#10aszsithPosted 12/16/2013 11:50:15 AM
knightimex posted...
No one in their right mind will pay $10, let alone $50+ for some stupid ass, stupid over priced dlc that's minor.

$50+ for a car is beyond dumb.
$50 for lots of cars, + new maps would be ok.
But even then, $50 is still way too much.

Expect this to disappear quickly.

IF, and ONLY IF people stop paying for it will it go away. Right now, people ARE paying for this crap.

If you sell a product for $5 and enough people are willing to pay for it that you make your profit margin, what incentive is there to reduce the price? This is simple economics.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!