is there a reason why the xbox live community seems far more harsh than PSN?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 12/16/2013 2:45:48 AM
not saying everyone on xbox is a jerk but for some reason i seem to have a harder time completely avoiding the over the top dudebro's perhaps it's because there's not much of a way to add people You've played beyond the tiring task of adding one friend from another friends list and well you get the picture...

but while playing killer instinct I've ran into a fair amount of whiners and obnoxious losers that make me wonder if i was just somehow not noticing these guys existed in the previous gen or maybe there's something about the xbox that attracts a negative crowd
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#2CrayonmuffinPosted 12/16/2013 2:48:04 AM
This is something that entirely based on each individual. I've rarely had any issues with people on XBL or PSN, but in the cases I did, probably about 60% of the toxic players were on Playstation.

Xbox players will talk smack about your mother. Sony ponys will just cry about them being superior to Xbox. They're both annoying.
---
FC: 4957-3441-8564
TSV: 3673
#3NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 2:56:36 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
This is something that entirely based on each individual. I've rarely had any issues with people on XBL or PSN, but in the cases I did, probably about 60% of the toxic players were on Playstation.

Xbox players will talk smack about your mother. Sony ponys will just cry about them being superior to Xbox. They're both annoying.

last gen i rarely if ever heard about anybody attacking the 360 or screaming that the ps3 was better

Toxic Players weren't as much of an issue on PS3(again that's probably because the friends system wasn't so screwed up)and once you gathered up a good amount of friends it wasn't even possible to encounter this that often

still since a lot of people are busy tweaking with what the xbone can do there's a good chance You'll have to rough it in randomly assigned online matches

which leads to the whiners and raging fanboys
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#4Apex-PlayerPosted 12/16/2013 3:10:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5InjusticeRebornPosted 12/16/2013 3:22:37 AM(edited)
My experiences with both XBL and PSN...

XBL - I've played on this service from the end of '07 to this very day. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was my first game to play online. It wasn't long before I got a message, calling me cheap (for knifing them from behind), and it was from here I witnessed the bitterness of a decent portion of 'XBL'.

I know it means nothing, but seeing my 'Player Rep' get negative scores over such stupid things - I mean, trash talking etc. within communications? I only speak to friends. Almost everyone on XBL knows what I'm on about. XD

But, is that XBL, or just the Call of Duty community? Because thinking about it, I've only ever received hate mail and such from playing CoD. I've played a little Gears of War 2 (only a handle of games, because I disliked it), Battlefield 3, GTA IV and V, Happy Wars, Mass Effect 3, and I don't get the same jive I get from CoD.

Last time I got hate mail, would you Adam and Eve it, was in the last CoD title I played, Black Ops 2. I got called a cheater for killing someone a fair amount of times with the M1216 shotgun.

Anyway, PSN - played a little Wipeout. Nothing (only played a handful of races, and played mostly with a friend). Played Warhawk a fair amount. Got told by some German to leave his team, or quit the game and sell it.

TL;DR: I think it depends on the game's community more than the online community to the consoles. I hear from friends that fighting games are just as bad as CoD when it comes to whiny players and like to throw around insults etc.
#6JolteonPosted 12/16/2013 3:24:30 AM(edited)
Crayonmuffin posted...

Yeah that sounds super legit. I'm sure online multi on PSN is just flooded with people talking about how great the system that everyone in the lobby is already playing on is.

What a ridiculous claim.

Edit: As far as hate mail, I've gotten some on both networks, but for what it's worth, the only positive mail I can really remember ever getting was on PSN. I would occasionally get mail from people on the original BlazBlue complimenting me on my unique Taokaka playstyle, which was kinda nice. The only fighting game I really played on 360 was DoA though, so it's at least possible that I'd have gotten the same responses over Live if I'd played it on there...
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#7MrSpaM111Posted 12/16/2013 3:25:57 AM
Generally, more small children with mics = more harsh
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#82ndAtomiskPosted 12/16/2013 3:33:09 AM
PSN I've run into two jerks. Both were blocked.

Live I've run into one rage quitter.

My online has been great for both PSN and Live. But I mainly play co-op or fighting games. So I guess people are just calmer there or something.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#9CrayonmuffinPosted 12/16/2013 3:46:12 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
last gen i rarely if ever heard about anybody attacking the 360 or screaming that the ps3 was better

Lol'd. Again it depends on each individual. Just my experiences.
---
FC: 4957-3441-8564
TSV: 3673
#10Gigant0pithecusPosted 12/16/2013 3:50:17 AM
My early experiences with PS3 online were mostly positive and more chill. I played Untold Legends, CoD3, Resistance: FoM, Warhawk, etc. online and it was always easy-going. Even got compliments and some cool friends-list buddies.

I've gotten way more trash talk and hate-messages my way on XBL over the last several years, but then again I've played XBL far more. It was mostly from FPS and Gears. But I did get a nasty one from Diablo 3 once. Go figure.

But I've also received positive feedback almost just as much as negative on XBL. It seems more random to me and just based on what type of people you happen to run into while playing.
---
XBL: Gigantopithecus
PSN: SugarPussPulled